So what podcasts are you boys into these days?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Come on, only the most inattentive and foolish amongst us would fail to see the similarities of our respective MO's.

While our starting points and conclusions differ, and diametrically oppositional, there is a sort of mutated familiarity in how we each often go about getting there, both good and bad.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I really like the Joe Rogan and Marc Maron sort of format, each with their own different bents and takes, but who share a similar, lengthy and informally meandering style that goes beyond the formalities of an interview. It really becomes more of a dialogue, at that point, and one which allows them a certain and naturally occurring deftness, latitude and freedom in deciding what to merely touch on, and what to further dig into and unpack.

I've often wondered if a similarly lengthy and informal one-on-one format wouldn't be of infinitely greater value in learning about our candidates - transcending not only what they think, but why, how they got there, how they'd handle the immediate feedback of the host, etc. - than any debate. Rogan and Maron would be entertaining, but perhaps may not have the policy chops to really hold their own. But then, maybe that would be more preferred too, as most Americans similarly lack the same chops...or don't and shouldn't give a shot about policy-talk, either. You'd certainly learn a lot more about them, for sure.

Maybe have a list of candidates and 100 or so moderators of the most diverse backgrounds, and let everyone vote online as to which host and candidate would get three hours of one-on-one with each other.

Trump & Cornel West
    Hillary & Tucker Carlson
    Sanders & Ben Stein

Or, hell, just give the candidates - no moderators - three continuous hours of air time and let the interwebz vote on a list of topics to present, and let them talk to each other.

Of course, it will never happen. But it'd be great.

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I just started that this morning after seeing it on his list. It is fantastic, but I am a big fan of that universe.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

When I told my wife about it she thought it was that fan fiction where the Weasley's are the Irish Catholic family...