So who is going to be the starting tailback?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Aug 12, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Devrin Young? Marlin Lane? Rajion Neal? Quenshaun Watson? Alden Hill David Yancy?

I have a hard time seeing Lane get unseated... he's the most versatile. But someone tell me I'm wrong. Is Neal for real? Is Q our Trindon Holliday? Will Devrin be Tony Thompson part deux?

Discuss.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I've been thinking Lane all off season, but Neal sounds like he could be the guy.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If Neal keeps this kind of play up, then he will be the guy. I saw a video of the drills Graham puts the backs through and it looks like they were detailed specifically for Neal. Lots of drills where you fight through contact.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think Neal has earned a chance to start. He's also proven to be a receiving threat, which will obviously fit in with the offense we will be running.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sounds like Neal is the early leader. I thought it was Lane's to lose, but Neal has been a pleasant surprise.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Neal is fit to be a great back physically. Hopefully he has turned the corner.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Five Yard Fuller. (see if any you have ever heard this name)

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Lights Out Toney

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

A boxing/walk-on reference?

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I get the feeling Neal may end up starting after all too, with explicit instructions: you lay the ball on the ground once, pack up your belongings and head straight home to Georgia. Or something like that.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Unfortunately he got moved off of RB, and things aren't looking great for Snoop Brodus, either. Sadly it seems my walk-on nicknames will never catch on.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

There's still Deanthonie Summerhill. Do your thang.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Arnett? Got nothin'.

16. HypeVol

HypeVol New Member

Neal hasn't proven he can hold onto the ball during games.
    I think Lane starts and Neal works in, until he can prove he can be better AND hold onto the ball.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I hate the way Lane runs. Hits holes standing straight up. He's going to get clocked unless he can get lower when he's between the tackles.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Getting clocked once = 1,000 coaches preaching your pad level

19. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

Neal. I thought it would be Lane all off-season as well.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I've always thought it would be Lane. I figure that's how it will end up, as well...even if it doesn't start that way.