Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Euros group F might be the groups of death of all time:

Germany
    France
    Portugal

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I love Zlatan. I’ll marking this to read when I have a chance.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

Zlatan is back! Don’t know how many goals he still has in him but his mentality is badly needed

5. NorrisAlan

Man City down a man from 12' on still went up 0-2 only to finally go down 3-2.

Just give the title to Liverpool.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sorry about your luck.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

A penalty saved, a goal wrongfully disallowed, a 2v1 blown dead because the referee didn’t see the advantage, a shot off the post, and Valencia *still* comes out with a 2-0 win against Barcelona. It’s been an up-and-down couple years, but this was fantastic stuff.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Milan apparently trying to sign Antonee Robinson after they offload Ricardo Rodriguez. Don’t mind getting an American in there. I haven’t seen him play for Wigan. When I’ve seen him play for the US I’ve been kind of mixed. But it’s just like Milan to spend 10-12M on somebody just to sit the bench

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I remember being similarly excited for Oguchi Oneywu at Milan about 10 years ago and that was a dud. Hope this is different. I feel bad for you, though, as a Milan fan. They've really tailed off as a prominent club in Europe, as has the Italian league from its heyday in the 90s. It reminds me of being a Packers fan in the 80s.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah it feels a lot like Tennessee football trying to climb out of it. FFP makes it hard, but then we’ve spent a shit ton of money too, mostly badly. You have to be in the champions league, but you almost have to be in it to get in it because of the revenue and player draw

12. JohnnyQuickkick

the only thing onyewu accomplished was getting in a fight with Zlatan. He wasn’t much more than a publicity stunt by Berlusconi imo

13. JohnnyQuickkick

So Robinson was in Milan doing his medicals, and then the deal fell through because they didn't agree on payment methods. It's weird to me that a guy flies to the new destination before things like that are done.

14. NorrisAlan

Are we sure Jimmy Haslam doesn't own Milan?

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ivan Gazidas is the football world’s Jimmy Haslam.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Gazidis doesn’t handle that shit at Milan. Maldini & Boban do.

17. Unimane

I'm trying to temper my anticipation for some of these young kids after getting burned a few times by players I thought would turn out a lot better than they have (Gedion Zelalem, Erik Palmer-Brown), but this young American is getting a lot of buzz at Dortmund and is said to be better than Pulisic at, roughly, the same age. He turned 17 in November and has been a regular sub for Dortmund recently. Here's his first goal for the club.

18. NorrisAlan

Ok for a first goal, I guess.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Claudio's kid, right?

20. Unimane

Yes.