Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In the biggest news of the day, Gianluca Busio is in the starting 11 for Venezia

tvolsfan, IP and Unimane like this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

Tessman played a bit last week. That team is pretty dreadful though

3. JohnnyQuickkick

I watched a few minutes, Venezia actually had a lot of the ball. Busio looks pretty comfortable.

I would be so pissed if my club parked the bus against a newly promoted probably relegated side like Udinese is. Of course they got down to Venezia’s end once and scored

4. JohnnyQuickkick

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Reyna scores again for Dortmund and has played very well so far. Kid is really damn good.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Juventus just lost to Empoli lol

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Brooks is ready.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, Pulisic is ready to go after beating COVID in record time and with no symptoms. Vaccines do work.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

11. Unimane

Pulisic not making the trip to El Salvador, but staying in Nashville for the match on Sunday. Smart, in my opinion. We should beat them without him and he's coming off Covid. Rest is good.

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This pitch in El Salvador looks like a prison yard that hasn't been mowed in two weeks.

With shield wielding guards and everything.

13. Unimane

Having both games on is double the mediocrity. Yeah, yeah, CONCACAF road game, blah, blah...

This is pretty shit as far as a performance. El Salvador is not a good team and we look intimidated and sloppy.

14. Unimane

This is [uck fay]ing pathetic.

15. Unimane

We are in serious danger with our offense. Lost in the wins against Mexico were a shit ton of 1-0 matches which could've gone either way. I'm still of the mind Berhalter isn't good enough coach for this team. Tonight was not good. You've got much better teams than this on the road and you much get those points when they are available, as shown last cycle.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

last cycle we opened with two losses. this was a young team getting their first concacaf road game. beat canada and we are well on our way.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. Unimane

Those losses were to the two best teams that cycle, Mexico and at Costa Rica. El Salvador is ranked 7th out of 8 teams and we had exactly 2 shots on goal against a team full of El Salvadorian domestic players with a few USL guys sprinkled in there. Tonight was shit, I mean really, really shit.

Now, this isn't some sky is falling meltdown, but there is a pattern which should concern. We aren't scoring. Less talented teams are playing toe to toe with us. We are going to play better teams than the one we played tonight and I can't remember a match under Berhalter recently where we looked remotely dangerous on offense.

tvolsfan likes this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Thank goodness for that Gold Cup

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Just beat Canada at home and Honduras on the road and I won’t be too upset.

20. Unimane

If we are getting outpossessed and can't get any offense at El Salvador, then at Honduras is going to be even more of an issue. They are going to stick us in the jungle there at San Pedro Sula on the tail end of 3 games in 7 days and are a better team than the Salvadorians. Shit, we struggled with Canada in the Gold Cup a few weeks ago, too. This generation is getting a lot of pub. Now is the time to deliver.