Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If you're a UT fan, and you know you're cursed, can you really blame anyone but yourself when the other teams you watch start sucking too?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

Davies especially. Both would absolutely start for the US. Larin too. The rest of them are mostly bums

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I see we had 72% possession. I assume 69% was spent passing the ball back and forth with Brooks.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As soon as one of our midfielders got the ball, they were looking to back pass. They never even looked up field.

It was the most pathetic thing I have seen in a long time.

6. Unimane

Weston must've found himself in some deep shit in the Music City because they sent him back to Italy and he's not playing in Honduras. I give us about a 10% chance of winning there and 50-50, at best, of a point. It's a shit show.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm thinking he broke curfew/COVID protocol.

8. Unimane

Rumors are it was going to a party or having people in his hotel room, something. A lot of hush hush, but former players saying it was something really stupid by Weston.

And, of course, they bring in a dude like Jackson Yeuill to replace him. Yeuill ifnally went out of favor earlier this year for a shitty performance against Honduras, the last in a series of shit performances, looking completely overmatched. So, of course, he gets called in for Honduras on the road.

9. Unimane

Ok, I'm ready to believe against all reason we are going to score some goals tonight. Ricardo Pepi with the debut at 18, playing striker, for the US.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

I really hate watching these damn concacaf teams. Like 5 Honduras players have already died

11. Unimane

[uck fay]ing hell this [dadgum] team.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

13. Unimane

I [uck fay]ing hate watching Central American teams play. We are going to have an injury every 5 seconds.

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

no midfield at all. Might as well be playing with 8 guys

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

My nightmare is Berhalter somehow managing to still be here in 2026.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

At times it has looked like we were playing a 7-0-3.

17. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

i don’t think he makes it to 2022

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm honestly to the point where I hope someone else is coaching the next set of qualifiers.

OneForVol and lylsmorr like this.
  19. Unimane

US Soccer is an unbelievably shit run organization. They had no coach for 18 months, doing a "thorough" search, and came up with the brother of the federation chair who had accomplished [uck fay] all as a coach. In fact, he got fired from a second division Swedish club because he CAN'T [uck fay]NG SCORE.

Fire him. Just do it now. He's terrible.

OneForVol, lylsmorr and tvolsfan like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah that process and ending up with this guy is beyond terrible. Could’ve hired this guy a month into that whole thing. Maybe he would’ve already gotten himself fired

Unimane, tvolsfan and The Dooz like this.