Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. What's different in international soccer vs other tournament sports that some may not realize, is that you don't have to beat everyone you play and doing so doesn't necessarily mean you sent them home either. You know what the reward would be for sweeping Brazil, France, and Belgium in a group? Round of 16 elimination game, just like someone who squeaked by 1-1-1.

tvolsfan and emainvol like this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He has a family to think about!

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m starting to see how people can sign on to Twitter or another social media platform and just get lost for an hour.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Idk why good attacking players keep going there. Money I guess.

7. NorrisAlan

Just watched the highlights from the Man City v Atletico Madrid game. The first half highlights were literally 2 seconds long, and they went straight to the second half.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

We basically kicked their ass twice in the group. Can’t stand that outfit

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Jeez, Gio Reyna. This Golden Generation seems to have bodies made of paper mache. Reyna has had to leave a match for the third time this season due to hamstring issues. We may never actually see these guys all play together on the same field for the USA.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Not a good night for Bayern

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Not a good night for Kante

12. NorrisAlan

Atletico down 0-1 on aggregate and still playing the 5-4-1. Guess they are hoping and praying for a counter goal and getting to penalties.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Increased my record to 2-0-4 live and in person at Stadio San Siro. The ultra section was incredible. Those guys never stopped the singing and chanting. I told my wife it would be way too much work to sit with them

Unimane likes this.
  14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Fun if you don’t like United. Hard to put a ton of blame on Rangick, but this hasn’t gone well at all.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Weird appointment. Rangnick needs to build something. United is built like a 12 year old playing FIFA

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Not going to judge him on an interim job where half the team don't give a flying [uck fay]. United are a disaster right now. Ten Haag is walking into a vipers nest, and they need to have a clean out if they're going to move forward. As JQK said, they're not a well built side. When Liverpool first hired Klopp, they were at least a somewhat cohesive unit, they just had a lot of guys who were past their prime. United has guys in their prime, but they aren't switched on all the time, like they're all working toward different ends.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Also how about Newcastle? They're having fun in the North! It's nice to see St James' rocking.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Since my club isn’t owned by mega rich Arabs officially yet I can still tell them to eat shit

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Milan have officially qualified for champions league again. Still very much alive for the title. Would be bonkers to win it with what they’ve got

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

Man City going to have to win out again to win the EPL title. Liverpool just not backing down.