Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Nobody watching the qualie in Guatemala City? It's been a rough first half for the US (although some of that may be that I can barely see anything with this awful picture). Guatemala has had 2 or 3 legitimate chances, which is 2 or 3 more than they should've had. But Clint Dempsey did his thing, and we have a 1-0 lead.

I despise Guatemala more than any other country in the world. All of Central America has a reputation for diving and hacking, but Guatemala takes it to new heights. I don't really even mind Panama or Honduras. But Guatemala. . .

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'm watching Tar, but they don't make it easy. I'm catching some half-baked stream out of who knows where.

3. Tar Volon

Same here. Only player I can actually make out is Michael Bradley, because of his bald white head shining like a beacon. I can't even tell Dempsey from Edu at distance.

4. Tar Volon

Cameron in for Goodson. Well, we don't want a second yellow. And Jürgen evidently saw what we all saw Friday night with Gooch.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Driving to Oregon, feed me updates!

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Still 1-0 at about the 62:00 minute mark. Guatemala's strategy is to injure Dempsey.

7. Tar Volon

Guat used all three subs at half. We subbed Cameron for Goodson (Clarence carrying a yellow). Bradley got a time-wasting yellow with 30 minutes left. Their goalie got kneed in the face by his own man but can't sub out. Altidore game in for Herc. Edu just got a yellow, missed what for. Still 1-0 US

8. Tar Volon

Guatemala had us dead to rights there, Howard made a great save, and they skied an open rebound over the net.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

69 minute Howard with a great save. 1-0 still.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like a war

11. Tar Volon

Just as much as it was in 2008. I despise this country. I'll take 1-0 and no injuries every time if I can get it.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Jermaine Jones is not good imo.

13. Tar Volon

Jozy just had a goal dead to rights and the refs called a foul on Guatemala. No reason advantage shouldn't have been called

14. Tar Volon

His touch has been pretty shitty, but he's done what we all hoped he would do (and feared he wouldn't): play the tough guy role without being a card-magnet.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Dempsey hammered again. Took a free kick and Jones blew it over the goal. 1-0 at 80th.

16. Tar Volon

Yellow on Fabian Johnson (who is cap-tied yay!)

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

By my count they've given 7 yellow cards?

18. Tar Volon

Shit. 1-1

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Goal Guat... 1-1 82nd minute

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Go to hell divers.