Social Injustice

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Sep 9, 2016.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Are you asking, flat out, if people, whose singular feature difference is the type of melanin produced by their melanocytes, commit more crime?

No. No I don't think people are defined by their melanin. No.

2. fl0at_

No IP. All of anything you may be thinking is wrong: the simplest and most effective way for any politician to reduce the crime rate of any city in America is to simply get rid of all prosecutors.

Done. Zero crime. Because that's how you measure it! It's so simple it's brilliant.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So the Bard was right? Kill all the lawyers?

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

How so? I'm likely missing the point of your post.

5. Tenacious D

So, blacks not only don't commit more crime, but they've ceased to exist.

Fantastic! BLM, the group you've been propping up, is now a misnomer, and can disband.

Or, better, simply re-brand themselves as All Lives Matter - without either emphasis or exclusion of any melanin-based criteria. This will be happening now, correct?

6. Tenacious D

I thought that you wanted to discuss the subject. I'm being genuine and forthright in doing so.

I'm not a politician, by any means, but I also tend to believe that the simplest answer is often best.

Admittedly, I am struggling to understand how the melanin-content of someone's skin is the singularly preeminent concern when it comes to violent encounters with law enforcement and incarceration, but is supposed to be of complete inconsequence when it comes to the actual commission of a criminal act.

7. Tenacious D

Bumped, in hopes that someone really smart can answer this for me.

8. fl0at_

You do understand that BLM isn't saying Only Black Lives Matter, as that would then be OBLM, yea?

And that the acronym All Lives Matter, But Black Lives Matter Too, or ALMBBLMT, was pretty redundant.

9. fl0at_

Because the melanin content of someone's skin segregated them from the rest of the population less than even the age of your grandparents, put them in a handful of very specific, high cost, low maintenance areas that weren't repaired, put them in different schools and kept them from getting paying jobs that kept them from being able to move out of said run down areas.

And then, magically, there were run down areas that had to be policed more than other areas of town, which turned in to, hey, look, crime, let's police it some more, which turned in to, hey look, stats, which turned in to hey, look, we're just going where the action is, that we created.

But no, do go on about how it's just melanin causing people to be more criminalist, rather than policies that are younger than my parents.

10. fl0at_

Federal inmates last month.

Race # of Inmates % of Inmates
    Asian 2,901 1.5%
    Black 72,845 37.7%
    Native American 3,912 2.0%
    White 113,733 58.8%

11. Tenacious D

Ah. Now I see.

So, what's the meaning of the "black" bit? Perhaps they mean it as the blackness of outer space, sort of all-encompassing of everything and everyone? Is that it?

I'm going to start a group that advocates for the protection of all animals, both captive and in the wild/. And to give it that all-encompassing flair that I'm truly seeking, I'm going to call it "Musk Ox Lives Matter". Or, maybe "Porpoise Lives Matter".

12. fl0at_

Again, not saying Only Black Lives Matter.

You can emphasis something specific, without losing the meaning of everything else. Unless you think that the use of bold or italics in the written word somehow makes the sentence only about the bolded or italic area.

13. Tenacious D

So melanin shouldn't matter, but does?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

You got an answer, you just don't like it.

15. fl0at_

So melanin shouldn't matter, but did?

But since you seem to be hung on this idea that the type of melanin causes people to commit crime at a higher rate than other types, could you elucidate the pathway?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was curious about that "proclivity for violence" comment too.

17. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Seems like you agree with the vast majority of the position you are calling moronic. If you only disagree with the choice of target and the proposed solution, I would ask why you ever expected good answers to those from football players.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Per stop. That isn't about cars. Stop being idiotic. Semantics doesn't help the data say what you want.

19. fl0at_

Per stop means traffic stop. Unless you are saying per encounter. Which isn't measured, and therefore can't be tracked.

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

You mean BPV may not be exactly right? That can't be. He's way too condescending to be wrong.