Softball Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, May 4, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His "King 'a England" skit is one of the best comedic skits in history

[video=youtube;L32Wq9tRFUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L32Wq9tRFUM[/video]

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

One of my favorite Tim Wilson skits was on the Mormons. Upon knocking on his door, Tim tells them that his wife is Jewish. "I can't get her to go for Jesus, much less Jesus, the western".

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nyy has now achieved best softball fight story i have ever heard. Congrats.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Damn. I need to play in your league.

I played on a church co-ed team a few years ago. We sucked, so I didn't take it to serious. Only time I had any problems was when an ump missed a call because he was texting and when a guy from the other team ran over our catcher who happened to be one of the women on the team. I had made the throw from center home and beat him there by a couple of steps. He lowers his shoulder and runs over the girl playing catcher. I took off in a dead sprint from center towards home to beat the guy's ass. Our preacher managed to stop me before I got to the guy.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That story was great, nyy

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There should be some sort of personality screening to be able to play church league

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Honestly we got in two brawls in college. That was nothing. I was generally afraid that night. It was out of control.

8. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Nice

9. kidbourbon

I would coach girls or boys HS tennis. I expressed interest this past season, but then I never heard back from the AD. Yes, high schools in Northern Virginia apparently have ADs.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

They do in TN as well.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

My school in West TN had an AD when I was in school. No idea what he did, though

12. kidbourbon

My HS (in WV) didn't.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Were you anywhere around Charleston, KB? Not trying to derail the thread, but I was just curious because my fiance is in pharmacy school in Charleston.

14. JayVols

Whoda thunk it NY is a badass......

NYYVol is the "passenger" btw........

[​IMG]

15. JayVols

Just got finished meeting with my AD. We are hosting the District Tournament starting tomorrow.

16. kidbourbon

90 minutes. I am from the same town as John Forbes Nash, Jr. Boom!

17. CardinalVol

Softball?

Does that mean more headaches for you?

18. CardinalVol

I lawyer and a pharmacist?

I'm assuming you two will be making more together than the rest of your high school graduating class combined?

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

We'd better make a shit ton with all of the student loans we have. I'm going to be working at the DA's office, so I guess she'll have to be the one making the cash.

20. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Haha. That's pretty cool.