Speaking of Patterns

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jul 14, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, being 81 doesn't necessarily mean you are a prime candidate for a heart attack.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What if he drank his coffee really hot?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It's all about genetics, imho.

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Georgi Markov in London

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Haha. Totally didn't see that below the main block of text.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look, do you want to help kill this guy or not?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe, but not necessarily. Also, the pain from the burn can be delayed for hours and could be construed as a symptom of heart trouble.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/773304-overview

When I was working with this stuff every day, the biggest worry came from the fact that when you asked hospitals if they had a protocol in case of exposure, they never did or were familiar with the stuff.

Not claiming I am definitely right that this would work, just sharing an idea as part of the exercise here.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There was one of those shows I think on Spike TV that showed all these weird ways to die. Had some mobsters celebrating a "made" man at the bar. They have a glass bottle of sulfuric acid and use it to burn off his fingerprints. Then they want some shots of vodka. Old bartender with bad eyesight pours them three shots of sulfuric acid and kills them all.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

That would be an excruciating death. I think that would take hours. And I only say that because a guy committed suicide that way and lived long enough to clearly regret the method. Also, the autopsy pictures are something else. his internal organs were perfectly formed but that lifeless grey that you see when exposing organic material to sulfuric acid. And there was virtually nothing they could do for him but drug him unconscious.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

There was another person I heard about who committed suicide via hydrochloric acid. His autopsy picture basically looked like a massive, super ulcer that took over his abdominal cavity. Also probably not a quick process, but they didn't give much more detail.

An apparently known way to kill suicide via carbon monoxide without a car is to mix sulfuric and fomic acid. I'm not sure why you would do that and not just hose your exhaust pipe into your car. I guess if you don't have a car, but some of the people using this method do it... in their car?

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Car exhaust smells, dude.

12. JayVols

Was it 100 Ways to Die, or something like that?

I remember when Faces of Death was all the rage at the local mom and pop VHS rental store.

13. JayVols

I CO'd a skunk that got caught in a live trap I had set in my garden to catch raccoons that were theiving my peaches & cream corn.

I'll take lots of stuff, but messing with my peaches & cream is a red line that's not to be crossed.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think that was it. I don't know if I watched anymore of the show than that one segment. I'm not sure if they were supposed to be based on actual events or purely hypothetical.

15. JayVols

Faces of Death was supposed to be real. Supposed to be..

I remember one segment where someone was interviewing a guy that witnessed a jumper. His account:
    "It made kind of like a gooey sound. Ya know, like when you drop liver on the flo' (floor)."

True story.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've handled a liver a couple of times. Have always been careful to avoid the flo.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

18. JayVols

That is the optimum situation...fo sho.