Spring Practice 2016

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Mar 10, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Neal and Lane were pedestrian IMO. But add that to the line having to block for a running game designed to have a running threat at QB and it was Worley

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I've never seen a back with as little balance as Neal. If you so much as blew on him while he was moving laterally even the slightest bit he'd go down..

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Please don't get yourselves worked up about the throw game, you're just setting yourselves up for a letdown.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's this year's motto: "set up the letdown."

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's probably a good one. It will be interesting to see how the talking heads treat them going into the season. Will some of the herd back off of big results after getting burned last year? They will definitely be hyped, but I would bet there are going to be some out there that will not want to get fooled again. On paper, this team should be very good, but Butch.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Local radio is already talking as if we're holding team meetings in the hospital. You'd think the entire starting lineup was already out for the season.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I was thinking more from a national perspective. I've not paid Knoxville media much attention this off season, but hasn't that been the story for the entirety of Lyle's tenure as coach? It seems like most of the Knoxville press wants to poor mouth the team to no end.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

to be fair, most of lyle's tenure, the team has also been poor. no longer

9. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

So it was Worley's fault that B#tch could not design an offense around the pieces he had in place?

10. JohnnyQuickkick

no. however, i'm not sure how else to address the offensive line play that season, when the offense was what it was.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You are right. Last year is the main one I'd complain about.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

yeah there might have been a couple of games i was disappointed in

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, it was incredibly stupid coaching by Butch. He was trying to bash a square peg in a round hole.

He's got his mobile qb now, along with two nfl rbs

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Jones sets that tone. Did you every commentator last year parroting Jones' lines? He constantly tries to absolve himself of any responsibility for winning?

I can't wait to hear about his Acme probabilities deck from one of the hosts.

15. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Right. And we saw what he did with them last year.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kelly is apparently running with some purpose this spring. I have heard he resemble Hardesty.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He looked good in mop up duty last season. It would be nice to have a third back step up.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Nice if he lives up to that kind of potential. I really liked the way Hardesty ran. That dude could have been pretty special were not for injuries.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

And when he was healthy they forgot he was on the team!

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

How we doing with the play where the RB just points to where he's going to run?