Star Wars (Now with SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Sep 21, 2023.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tired of [ussy pay]footing around in the streaming thread, so thought I would make a thread where we can talk about Star Wars without using a lot of subtext and innuendo to avoid spoiling things for people.

That said

SPOILERS BELOW FOR ALL STAR WARS SHOWS

2. NorrisAlan

Man, I am loving this cult of Thrawn that has formed on his ship over the last 10 years. Enoch is terrifying looking (everything Phasma wanted to be and never was).

How pissed off is Ezra going to be with Sabine when he finds out he gave Thrawn a ticket home? This is the price of attachments, a lesson Sabine is about to get.

RIP Ray Stevenson, again. I am so sad that we will not get to see more Baylan Skoll. That is an awesome character, and I get the sense that he is wanting to sever the Force from all people forever, so we will see where this goes.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yeah i like Baylan Skoll. Not a good guy but not just eeeee villll. just willing to do whatever he thinks is necessary to accomplish his goal. which we don't know yet, and i'm interested in finding out

Have a feeling we're going to be unsatisfied in a good way when the series ends

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I mean, Thrawn has to make it home because we've got season 4 of Mando and a movie coming where they fight him.

I figure the three will end up stuck there, with Skoll and Shin Hati TBD. I can see a split with the former 2 before all is said and done. And if that happens, does Ahsoka use the WBW to get them home? Can she?

5. NorrisAlan

I don't think the WBW is a teleporter/time machine. Ahsoka seemed to instinctively know in Rebels she had to go through the door she came in.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I wouldn’t really like using the WBW that way. Write them a way home without resorting to that

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

Option B (and would be very Star Warsy) is that Ahsoka is pinging the route to Hera to follow for backup and they spring it on us.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They would have to fit a ship with 6 hyperdrives to make the jump like the ring ship for that to happen. And they'd have to do it in a few days. It wouldnt be the biggest star wars plot hole by far but would still be dumb.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Just ride the purgill back if necessary

10. CardinalVol

Did the ring ship require 6 or was it just built like that to bring the chimeria back?

11. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m not complaining about it so much, but the “another galaxy” thing might’ve been best avoided.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They said it was for distance. Not sure if mass was involved with that calc though.

But the reason Ahsoka had to take the space whale was as much as distance as not knowing exact coordinates in my opinion. Otherwise seems Thrawn would have come back on his own.

13. CardinalVol

It was the coordinates. If you remember, in 2 or 3 they talk about the certainty of the map because if they are off anything they will wind up in the middle of nowhere forever.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah but they needed the drives for the distance. That's at least how I understood it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

while I usually try not to put too much effort into understanding Star Wars tech, simply because it isn't real sci-fi but sci-fantasy, it seems that they did indeed need the engine count to jump that far, and the map showed them where to jump to.

Like putting two 250 hp outboards on your jon boat.

Now, lets put two Death Star hyperdrives on a big ring....

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

17. CardinalVol

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Pacing of the last couple Ahsoka episodes (5 and 6) was awful. Half of the plot has been about finding Ezra, and Sabine finds him after being on an entirely new planet for like, 15 minutes of screen time.

Meanwhile, we see almost nothing of Ahsoka, the person the show is named after.

Seems super obvious to play out the plot lines of the two episodes side by side across both episodes, rather than separate Ahsoka's thing to episode 5 and Sabine's thing to episode 6.

19. NorrisAlan

Why is this such a big deal to you? I see quite a few people say this about different shows, and I don't understand it.

And the reason they didn't play both plot lines simultaneously over two shows is because you don't want to go back and forth and back and forth. It would be jarring, imho, especially if they do not line up time wise.

Just like in Lord of the Rings (books), the Two Towers has two books, one with Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Mary, Pippin and Gandalf. The second book deals with Frodo and Sam. It is just a different way to tell a story, and it works just fine. In fact, the second book in the Two Towers ends with Frodo getting stung by Shelob and that actually takes place, time wise, during the first book of Return of the King, shortly before the Battle of the Pellinor Fields.

But I digress.

20. NorrisAlan