Star Wars (Now with SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I wouldn't say it's "such a big deal" to me. Just seems odd to completely leave her out of episodes of a show that's literally named after her, especially when it would really easy to set it up so that doesn't happen.

I have no idea why you think it would be jarring. Tons of narratives do it this way. If the writing is good, it will flow smoothly. And it would address the issue of poor pacing that leads to Sabine exploring an entire planet between first breakfast and second breakfast.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Could you please stop ruining a good conspiracy/theory.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

I love we’re headed into final episode and I have zero clue of Baylans angle.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am going to miss Baylan, no matter what happens. I love he separated from Shin, knowing her path was a different one than his. I hope we get to see what it is that is calling him and is scaring the shit out of the Night Sisters.

I wanted to see Ezra slashing with the light saber, but kind of enjoyed the Force Monk thing he has going.

Pissed there is only one episode left.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yep he is interesting, I hope they pay it off. I had read some speculation that the night troopers could be undead or something. I’m glad it looks like that’s not the case

6. CardinalVol

There's going to be a season 2. So storylines can be carried over. Either way, I feel for the guy who takes over the role of Baylan, and someone is going to have to IMO. Won't be replacing Boseman as T'Challa, but in the same sphere.

Plus, I mean, Thrawn has to get out of there does he not?

I did enjoy a 3PO appearance. And I want to see Chopper and R2 team up to inflict pain.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So is Senator Xiono working for the Empire Remnant or is he just a politician who thinks he knows everything? Never watched Rebels so don't know if there's back story I'm missing.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

He wasn’t present in Rebels that I recall, I think he’s just an annoying politician. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up having imperial ties but the old EU had its annoying politicians too who had no imperial connections whatsoever

9. NorrisAlan

My wife came up with a great analogy: he is Cornelius Fudge from the Harry Potter books. He just wants to ignore everything and keep the status quo because it is best for him. I don't think he is an Imperial sympathizer nor is he a loyal republican (little r!).

Which is why Hera has nothing but disdain for him.

Oh, and do yourself a big favor and watch Rebels.

10. CardinalVol

I think he's the Rebels version of Borsk Fey'lya TBH.

Volsdude likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

I wish they’d just bring him in

12. CardinalVol

And predictions for tonight?

13. NorrisAlan

Nope. I am fearful that we will not be satisfied, though.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Somehow, Thrawn returns

15. CardinalVol

Thrawn gets back.

Sabine and Ezra get back.

Ahsoka gets stuck there. Can't decide on Skoll and Hati.

16. NorrisAlan

Baylon Skoll is the one character that I hate the last episode for more than any, simply because if they didn't wrap it up, they will a) have to recast or b) just let the plot point die. And he is too good a character to let that happen to.

RIP Ray

17. CardinalVol

I'm hoping they figure out a way to do this and use it to leapfrog the sequels to create a good storyline after it.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m all for a recast. It will be hard to replace Ray but the story needs to go on

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

Well then.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Give me more