Sting Operation to Expose Hollywood Environmentalists

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, May 21, 2014.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Undercover journalist James O’Keefe released his latest video featuring a sting operation to expose Hollywood environmentalists.

The video features an undercover journalist from Project Veritas posing as "Muhammad,” a member of a Middle Eastern oil family, offering $9 million in funding to American filmmakers to fund an anti-fracking movie. He was joined by a second undercover activist posing as an ad executive.

O’Keefe entraps actor Ed Begley Jr., actress Mariel Hemingway, and director Josh Tickell, who agree to the film while promising to hide the source of the funds.

The undercover activist tells the group that "if Washington, D.C., continues fracking, America will be energy-efficient, and then they won't need my oil anymore."

In a phone call to Tickell, the "ad executive" states, "My client's interest is to end American energy independence; your interest is to end fracking. And you guys understand that?"

Tickell's response: "Correct. Yes, super clear.”

The environmental team even submitted a video of Oscar-nominated actor Mark Ruffalo offering his unwavering support for the fictitious anti-fracking film project.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollyw...-Dupes-Hollywood-With-Fake-Anti-Fracking-Film

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Good. I hope Sting beats their asses.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not understanding this "sting."

1. Pick a controversial topic

2. Make a phony bid for a project based on a position of that

3. Bust hollywood for wanting to make a movie

Okay? Can I have a sting related to "God is not Dead" or that Ben Stein movie? Or is one to believe the hollywood types were motivated by the prospect of making Saudis money?

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Bust them for making a movie and actively subverting US energy independence? That's exactly the same as pointing out atheism or political points of view.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Like most of O'Keefe's "exposes", I'll wait for the unedited version to show what an utter piece of shit he is.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He's definitely a POS. Is it really a shock that Hollywood might have some far left types who prefer their politics over America's financial interests?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

So I AM to believe they are motivated by making Saudis wealthy. Great. And I should suspend any rational notion that they dislike fracking for any number of other reasons.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not shocking at all. Some of us have other values that are higher than "America's" financial interests.

9. Unimane

I am sure there is no shortage of people who would support their politics over America's financial interests on a whole host of topics from abortion to gun control to religion to fracking, etc., etc....

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

cute quotes. Let's save the polar bears.

Your grousing about the jobs market after silliness like this is absurd. You're talking about actively adding friction to the US economy, over and above your brilliant beneficial min wage hike postings.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Americans' financial interests. How is that? As utilitarian policy, it's freaking idiotic. Unfortunately, the poor will keep voting with these types of idiots who'd prefer to keep pumping inflation into their own lives.

12. Unimane

I thought this story was about Hollywood and not Washington? But, if we are talking about politicians, there are plenty of right and left wingers who value their special projects as a priority before giving thought to the "American financial interests".

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so we are better off not using the resources we have here in america?

14. Unimane

Not if we are creating environmental disasters and potential health risks for our country and citizens. If that's what is happening with fracking, then I can't justify the short term financial benefits over the long term costs.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there is no evidence that's what's happening with fracking. and i'm sure there are plenty of people looking for said evidence.

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Point here is there are many in Hollywood says one thing in the media and does what in their financial interests just like everyone else. Whether it be environmental or social issues. No better than the politicians they hate.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Like how they all hate violence till they get a role in a violent movie

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Hollywood is just as intellectually hypocritical and prone to subvert America's national interests for the sake their own personal wealth (and yes, that's exactly what this appears to be).

How's it really any different than what any one of thousands of corporations do each and every day?

I'm finding it increasingly absurd that one side thinks that they have any claim to the higher or "more" moral ground. Its naive, at best. It's like watching two pigs, covered in shit, arguing about which one is covered in the most shit, or claiming that their covering of shit is somehow less putrid or offensive than the other pig.

Its nonsense.

19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

When we're done with hypocrisy and bullshit - wherever it arises - things will change. Until then, we're all just pissing on our heads.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The thing that stands out to me is that people value what a dumbass actor/actress thinks about fracking.