Stop Going...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Sep 12, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Absolutely. There are 8 teams on that schedule that aren't worth a crap

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Maybe, but that staff doesn't get this talent on campus either. We would have a bunch of unathletic white kids from Knoxville and his old high school in Athens who have "heart" and "want it."

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed.

5. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Does that diminish the point? Dooley, who many consider the worst coach in the modern era of the SEC, was no worse an in game coach than Butch.

6. RockyHill

I mean, Butch is Dooley with more talented players. The only difference between them is recruiting ability and the fact that Butch is a moron instead of a jackass.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Football Gravitas.

Lombardi oozed it.
    Bryant had it in spades.
    Neyland sweated it (if he were to ever sweat).
    Saban is made of a robotic form of it.
    Joe Paterno had it.
    Etc
    Etc

Jones is grasping for it. Faking it till he makes it. I don't blame him for it. He has gotten pretty far with it.

But I want someone that oozes football gravitas from his pores.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've said repeatedly 9-3 or leave.

The talent is there. The only thing lacking is coaching.

He's not winning 8, he's not beating any team with equal talent. Say he does win 8 regular season games, which games on the schedule are excusable losses?

He's a shit tier gameday coach. The sooner he leaves, the better

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jones had a chance to go out and remake his offensive staff. He chose to hire his former boss, who was a secretary at Michigan.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Horsecrap. He's doing nothing with more talent. He has worse assistants. He's only a better recruiter. He's an utter garbage coach. He's a used car salesman at best. At least Dooley could coach receivers. What can band guy coach?

The idiot played worley as long as possible last year. He's still playing jumper this year. He was stupid enough to 3 and out our o for 2/3 of a game yesterday but didn't cycle the front 7. He's an idiot, even ignoring the opening drive stupidity.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can't say I disagree.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Slow down.

13. RockyHill

What evidence is there to the contrary? I mean Id take Butch over Dooley but if people don't open their eyes Butch will leave here having accomplished nothing of value and he will have already been outed as a fraud.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Had to be up 17-3 at some point in order to blow a 17-3 lead.

I'm no Butch fan, but he's not at Dooley level yet.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Dooley could coach recievers? Really? Justin Hunter just ran fly routes and got on with his athletic ability. Patterson got by on his ability. DaRick came to Tennessee polished. You're mistaking me saying he's not Dooley with me saying he's worth a damn. Yes the effect is the same, but Dooley has no business coaching my HS team. Butch is simply in way over his head in Power-5 football. And while his assistants are shit with actual coaching, I think they should get more credit with the recruiting. Butch does the finishing with his bullshit and it works with all the TN guys and legacies, but The experience that Martinez, Jancek, and Thig have in recruiting in the SEC and recruiting the SE has probably done more to help.

16. RockyHill

I'm just talking about on the field, that's it. Get the good off the field stuff out of your head. The recruiting is blinding everyone. Butch beat one ranked team, and it took a freaking miracle catch and some luck. Outside of that their first two years are pretty much the same.

17. RockyHill

Again, and I'm gonna keep saying this, what good does it do us to have 5 stars everywhere if our coach is too stupid to use them.

It'd be like in high school if you threw a party and you had every hot girl in town come except when they got there you just sat in the corner and did the five finger knuckle shuffle.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Dooley loses last nights game by 30.

19. RockyHill

If it's pre-Sunseri staff we're talking here, then you're a dumb person.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Right, because Dooley pre-Sunseri had UT competing at a high level, especially against good teams.