Stop Going...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Sep 12, 2015.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, that staff that needed OT to beat UAB was really something special. Dooley in no way wins that game last night. The offense would have shit its pants, but there would have been more turnovers and by the 4th the game would have been over. Did you guys forget Oregon in 2010? And Oregon had nowhere near the defense that this Oklahoma team does.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

And Butch does? Dooley almost beat LSU and lost by 8 to a good UGA team pre Sunseri. Butch has beaten South Carolina once and competed with UGA twice, one of those times being half their team hurt. Works of difference, I tell you.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, you must have forgotten the time that Dooley lost to ****ing Kentucky. Here's a greater reminder of the ****up that was, they beat us with a WR at QB. NFL talent all over the offense and we put up 7 against a 3-9 Kentucky.

4. RockyHill

Well there's Oregon last year, for starters. And, apparently you forgot that we almost lost to South Alabama...

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And this conversation is now over.

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You're not understanding the argument I'm making. Yeah they both lost to Oregon, but in 2010 we went into halftime tied, which I know isn't a 14 point lead, but we were in that game and controlling the LOS and the second half, it all unraveled. Why would a Dooley coached team behave any different last night?

7. RockyHill

Yeah, that was bad. Our team quit on the coach, which is what will happen to Butch when the team realizes a competent coach could have them in the SEC championship. Not saying it will happen this year, but it will happen.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Dooley's teams consistently quit on him. Maybe it will happen at some point to Jones but I doubt it, they like him and have played hard from day one for him.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We've seen the peak of Jones potential. I'd prefer they quit and save us consistent 7 or 8 win seasons.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm starting to think 8 is too much to ask for them. Even next year.

11. RockyHill

With our talent what does that say? Top 10 talent and fighting for 8 wins.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You think we have top 10 talent right now?

13. RockyHill

I meant next year.

14. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Look at his body language on the sidelines against big time programs. He doesn't look or act like he belongs. If you portray yourself to be a loser, you probably are. It was the same mentality he had when hiring a coordinator. He doesn't feel comfortable being around someone that is more competent or proven than he is. Honestly, if he ends up losing the fans, I think we'll see him have a mental breakdown because he has no spine or self-confidence at all.

15. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

If asked at 5:59 PM, I would have been disappointed with a loss to Oklahoma, no doubt. However, when you see a coach up 17-0 get scared, it proves how worthless he really is. I don't care if it's against Western Carolina, Oklahoma or the '07 Patriots. If you coach scared and lack confidence in yourself, you may as well find another occupation. Lyle had 100,000 thousand screaming friends behind him and he still couldn't stick the knife to Stoops' throat. Butch reminds me of the geek in high school that one day punches the school bully in the face. Instead of finishing him off, he apologizes and tries to help the guy up. Then, proceeds to gets his teeth knocked in.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

we have a lot of talent. there is definitely a hole at MLB right now, but we're talented. Hell, we have no idea what the WRs are. We know Pig can play. We know North can play. We know Wolf can play. We use those guys about 4 times a game as a group and it kills the offense. The line isn't very good, but it's good enough that we can get those guys the ball.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That MLB sized hole can be filled by Kirkland

18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I have a deposit down for battle at bristol. I was hoping it would be really special. I know now that this event - something I thought would never happen - will now be Beamer putting on a clinic. I've just about decided to let the tickets go.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He can't play every snap, though.

Even if Bynum and Bryant are underwhelming, they can't be worse than Jumper...right?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They can't.