Tennesee over/under 7.5

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by droski, May 29, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Early over money screams "homers" to me.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

People just looking at the talent level, and not breaking down the coaching. The talent is there to win 8 or more. The coaching still has to prove that it can win all the games that it should

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you think about it who else is going to bet on it? even if I'm confident tenn is overrated, do I want to tie up my money all year for it? you have to think for virtually every school the majority of money is on the over and by fans of the school.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Golden rule as a Tennessee fan:

Never, ever, ever bet on Tennessee. Ever.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's a good rule. I've really been tempted to bet on the cal over, but I just know I shouldn't.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

7.5 is definitely the proper o/u line. Vegas hasn't been sucked in by the hype.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't bet much. Never anymore. But I usually have a much better idea of what Tennessee is going to do/how they are going to play than any other team on a week to week basis.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd flat out love to see a study on which college and NFL teams has made Vegas the most money in the last 10 years. UT would have to be top 10, probably top 5.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm so godawful in pickem contests that don't cost anything, it's a pretty good deterrent for me flushing my money down the toilet.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I bet USC is up there. They always pad the line because of all the LA people who go to vegas. USC spreads are always ridiculously high. in particular, in the carroll era where you consistently saw 3-4 td spreads against power 5 opponents.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I put $250 in a 5 dimes account 2 years ago. It's currently at $253. It means i'm winning more than losing (since i'm paying the vig), but it's more fun than anything else for me.

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

8 wins?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The line is perfect, is what I'm saying. If people are heavy on the over, they're half-full types.

15. chavisut

Gotcha.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Can't beat SC, Arkansas, and florida? UGA and Mizzou don't seem impossible hills either.

19. chavisut

Chalk Bama up as an L and SCe as a win. I personally think we get UF and OU.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's OK, those same people will be leading the excuse parade if we only win 6.