Tennesee over/under 7.5

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by droski, May 29, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They lost their two best d linemen and Randy Shannon

2. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I'm interested in seeing how Smith (coaching and recruiting) performs

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...nder-win-total-picks-georgia-aims-for-Atlanta

Tennessee, 7.5 wins (over -140, under +100)

It's easy to see why there's so much excitement surrounding the Vols -- Josh Dobbs has finally settled things at quarterback, the secondary is airtight, what was a desperately young team the past two seasons is now brimming with experience. Nonetheless, it might be worthwhile to tap the brakes on a team that was one near-miraculous comeback at South Carolina away from missing a bowl game entirely. Home games vs. three pieces of nonconference cannon fodder, Vanderbilt and even South Carolina should be wins, and after their 2014 bludgeoning of the Wildcats, a visit to Lexington could make six. But from there, the Vols would need two wins from home games vs. Oklahoma, Arkansas and Georgia and roadies at Florida, Alabama and Missouri. Doable? Absolutely. But with the better payout on the under, the not-at-all-confident pick is UNDER 7.5 WINS.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

That hurt my feelings

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I actually listen to the guys podcast and he's pretty bright, but I get the general impression he mostly follows the big 10. he and his cohost seem to know almost nothing about the pac-12 and sec (outside of bama).

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Truth hurts sometimes

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We are Spurrier losing his mind and a miracle comeback away from butch being on a very hot seat right now. Amazing really.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And we are a Pig fumble and a stupid-ass Worley INT from everybody drinking the Kool-aid.

Butch is still walking a fine line between winning big and flaming out. This year and next will be really interesting.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think that will always be the case with butch.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bout lost to Vandy as well.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Hot seat? This **** sucker signed an extension.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

What's another buyout? We're "deep pockets" Tennessee

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we're counting close/improbable wins against Butch, we need to consider close/improbable losses too. Let's just stick to evaluating a team by wins and losses. We were 7-6.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I promise we're not close to everyone drinking the kool aid.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yup.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, there's 2 ways to look at it.

I have my doubts on Butch, but I don't wish death on him like I do [ddiapos]

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He loses to South Carolina last season, he's in job saving mode this year

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Not yet anyway.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We have one loss he probably had no business being in the game anyway.

Two wins on spurrier.

Two close losses that should have never been close to losses anyway.

I'll agree that his overall record is a good summary of the first two years, it's just amazing how close the entire thing is from being a colossal mess instead of the average fan being all in.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

at least you can't say Butch is a sorry SOB who doesn't give a damn. It's not enough to keep your job if you don't get it done, but it's something