Tennessee vs. Iowa Round of 32 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No. Plenty of underdogs have gone for game winning 3s when down 2. Been watching them since the 3 pt line came out in the 80s.

2. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I hate [itch bay]ing about referees, but the inconsistency was atrocious. You would see a no call on out offensive end and then pretty much the exact same thing the next possession on their end and it is called. OVer and overr. And then the phantom foul on the 3 that could have cost us the game.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m gonna need some real life examples.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Didn't that just happen in the Belmont Maryland game?

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think they were running their offense and just couldn't get a shot. If they were just looking to get that one final shot, well, as you saw, it was a pretty poor decision. They didn't even get a look at the basket.

6. Ssmiff

That was a desperation heave 3, so not really. Regarding milking the clock all the way down, yes, one of the best coaches around just did it days ago.
    Thing is we have been dealing with hypotheticals about Iowa since the game ended. Thats fine, but I have no idea how one can discuss hypotheticals, yet cant fathom Fran calling a timeout and setting up a potental game winning 3 for Bohannon.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Why would he do this, though? Why would he whittle down the clock to just get one shot when he is losing? They don't even need a three if they are down 2. What coach would hold the ball for 20 or so seconds, losing by 2 in the NCAA tournament, to get one single opportunity to win? No, you go for the two to tie and, if you don't get it, foul and extend the game. That's how it's always done, with good reason.

8. Ssmiff

Here is a pic of schofields last shot. This is a senior who has hit some big ones. One, he's wide open and going for the dagger. 2, Grant is in good position for the rebound. I dont have a problem with how it went down at all. Glad it worked out.

Attached Files:

9. Ssmiff

Maybe they are stagnant, get no penetration, which they struggled with most of the day. Maybe we D up. Timeout called and Jimmy says "I'll make it". For many players nowadays, a 3 is easier than a midrange 2 anyway. Yes you are right they probably try and score earlier, but its in the realm of possibility they get nothing and shoot a 3 at the buzzer.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Let’s all celebrate this big W with a big group hug!

IP and sbradle4 like this.
  11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Did you hand paint this screenshot yourself. Quality is terrible.

InVolNerable and dknash like this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Prior to the tournament, Purdue was 6-6 on the road this season. Their 6 road wins:

84-80 in OT @Wisconsin
    79-67 @OSU
    99-90 in OT @Penn St
    48-46 @IU
    75-72 @Nebraska
    70-57 @Northwestern

I know tournament games aren’t technically away games, and they dominated their first two round games, but they haven’t been great away from home this season. Here’s hoping they struggle in Louisville!

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The one thing I have learned about this tournament is any reasoning like the above is out the window.

Ssmiff likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I posted it in the wrong thread as well, so it might as well be fake news.

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

We blew a 25 point lead to the 6th best team in the Big 10 and squeaked out a win to go to the Sweet Sixteen (who cares), and Indy and Ssmiff are out celebrating with ferrets.

Damn, I love the 8th.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

FYP by cutting it down to the only part that matters.

Also, where am I celebrating? We won. Gotta bring it against Purdue for a chance to make program history.

17. Ssmiff

I'm happy we didnt lose and have a chance to continue the season. Whine about it more, meatstick.

18. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

In your ass, with a ferret.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  20. Ssmiff

Gerbil, crackhead. Ferrets are too violent and long.

IP likes this.