Tennessee vs. Iowa Round of 32 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Essentially.

I tell the travel team I coach all the time we are either prepared Mon - Thu for Fri - Sun or we re not. Your not gonna fix that on the weekend if its broke.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

But you can manage things the team is doing wrong in the game.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We had a ton of turnovers in the 2nd half. How do you as a coach manage lazy turnovers? Other than telling them to stop turning the ball over, or benching.

4. Beechervol

Some of it is coaching personality, some of it is understanding your players. Duke's current team is different from UT's. Its more talented on the high end and less experienced across the board. That lends to the idea that you get them (Duke) pointed in the right direction and let the talent overcome the opponent. Sometimes the worst thing you can do as a coach is get in the way of that.

justingroves likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My other favorite thing was them deciding, after 36 games, to call a 3-second violation twice

6. Beechervol

To a degree, yes.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

The phantom 3 point shot foul on Turner was a 5 point swing.

justingroves likes this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

That was another one of those calls that keeps moving the bar for worst thing I’ve ever seen. The sum[itch bay]es knew they screwed it up, too.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The first one that was called as a three point make was on its way to the basket was great. Another 3 points taken away.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn’t they try to act like they were reviewing it, even though there was nothing reviewable about the call? It was legit awful.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

One ref called foul, another (closer) ref called tip. They talked it through and called foul.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

They were only reviewing if it was 3 point shot and not whether it was the worst ever call by the sum[itch bay] you made it.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Why don’t they coach referees to not call something when they’re 100 feet away if there’s a closer guy in better position? It happens all the time

14. They need to follow this rule - Don't call everything you see, but make sure you SEE everything you call.

I know it's not an easy job, but there is no legitimate excuse for the officiating to be this bad.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Many jobs aren't easy but have better standards than the officiating we've seen lately in college basketball. It's bad.

16. Beechervol

They should defer to the official in the zone in which the play occurs. More often they have the better angle.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

As Phil Donahue's son camped out in the lane on the other end

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And also called it a tipped ball.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Phil Donahue's son... That was funny.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

That was another deal, wtf mic that guy up, who the hell cares what he has to say