The 10 Most Redneck Cities in Tennessee

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by The Dooz, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I've gotten to survey land all across this state from corner to corner. I've been to just about every place listed in this thread at least once.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Apparently they weren't even redneck enough to make the big list.

Have a hard time considering Murfreesboro and Nashville bigger redneck towns than anything in Grundy County.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Im trying to figure out how there can be a 150K seat NASCAR track complete with every other type race track near it and Bristol not make the list either.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They're overshadowed by Gray.

5. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Springfield is like a metropolis compared to each of those...at least they have a hospital, I guess.

Yes, yes, and yes. Tazewell, for sure.

6. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I wasn't aware of that. I don't know a whole lot about Newport, either. One of my friends was a manager for the football team at SC, and he was telling me about the email. Said they put great emphasis on locking up when going through there, so I guessed it wasn't a great place haha.

7. CardinalVol

After meeting a few of the folks from there last week, we're going to have to add Bean Station. Nice folks, just red. The 1B coach looked like your prototypical 80s southern alcoholic.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Great call.

9. OrangeBlood79

Hell, just go to Mississippi--there's an entire state that time forgot...or they forgot about time, whichever.

10. OrangeBlood79

True story--myself and two co-workers were working in Mountain City--one of whom was born, raised, and still resides there--the other...was not. We met at his place (way the f up a mountain) and then worked until about 5-6pm. It was just starting to get dark when, as casual and nonchalant you can imagine, my Mountain City co-worker says: "Guys, you two need to go..." We just looked at each other, confused. He could tell and, he looks at the guy I rode up there with and says "You need to get off this mountain before it gets dark, trust me." My coworker was black.

That was a first for me.

Tracy City is none too welcoming to outsiders either.

And even though I think Gainesboro sits in a picturesque spot, I've always gotten the feeling I was being watched by the locals whenever I would do business up there.

Gruetli-Laager is a little scary, too.

11. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Rafter is a fun place after dark.

12. CardinalVol

I'm generally terrified of the area easy of 81 as a whole.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

"These are my people... this where I come from"

14. CardinalVol

I sure don't like to go very far off the beaten path north of 26 either.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're different

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I would not argue any of these, but how do you not have Newport or the epitome of redneckedness, Del Rio?

17. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I had an appointment there with the then new Sheriff's brother about '86. Ii didn't get through until dark, and he insisted on leading me back to the main highway. His brother replaced the sheriff who went to prison. When I told him I knew the way back, he said that's not it, There are many people watching his home, and my being a stranger dressed n a suit would be hazardous. I knew he was serious when he and his son got in his truck both heavily armed.

18. CardinalVol

Del Rio sounds like a fun place to check out one of their local bars.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Checkout starlight in jellico. Interesting little place

20. CardinalVol

I have a couple of college friends from there. Knowing them would either save me or get me killed at a place such as that.