The 2024 hype-filled make not make it until opening kickoff thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 3, 2024.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah I’m not saying it won’t or shouldn’t happen, because it probably will as we have seen demonstrated in that Twitter thread posted earlier. But if you find yourself with 3 losses and on the outside looking in, you don’t really have anybody to blame but yourself. At that point you’ve taken your fate out your own hands and placed it in someone else’s hands.

CardinalVol likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right. And if Tennessee had beaten Florida this year and was also 9-3 but gets left just out, it is what it is. We played 3 other playoff teams and lost to all of them. So in a way, we were in the playoffs and just didn't advance.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, do we have a name for Power 5 now that there’s only 4? Power 4? Did I miss this?

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Big 2 1/2 really.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Perfectly fair. I just think at least in the abstract it could be bad for competition. Like instead of getting a Tennessee, Auburn or Ole Miss, it might be Iowa that gets in only to lose by 60 points.

Iowa losing by 60 would make me laugh though so hard to get real worked up. The 10-12 teams may pull upsets but more often they’ll be massacred.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is certainly going to happen, and it will happen a LOT.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Around 2:50 in is what makes me hopeful. Most tall kids can’t run this route. As crisp as it gets and explosive change of direction. Doesn’t matter what the competition is.

8. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Even if we lose in Norman I’d give us a decent chance to beat Bama at home. Milroe has peaked.

A-Smith likes this.
  9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

They might be in trouble. As far as I know there’s nobody waiting in the depth chart that will make them materially better. Honestly I wonder if they’ll dump Milroe.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They tried that this year and barely beat USF. Unless some portal rockstar is walking through the door, I'll have my popcorn ready.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hopefully the center still has the yips

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He entered the portal.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well shit

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Again, if there was someone better there then he would have already taken over

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The "Big 2" lol. The Big 2 and the little 16

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Id be backing up the brinks truck for Arch Manning if I were them.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Julian Sayin will be the starting QB at some point next year. Only question is how soon it happens.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He got death threats and lots of people telling him to leave

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Supposedly the Bama Center is a good blocker.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So, bama.

Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.