The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

What about tonight's video makes you think Jericho?

2. tankervol

tankervol Member

The globe and the clock, mostly. The clock representing the infamous countdown clock that Jericho is known for in his entrances. The globe representing the "best in the world", where he needs to "claim what is his."

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's either Jericho or Undertaker

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[video=youtube;OEdc9XLI09Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdc9XLI09Q&feature=related[/video]

Here they are all together

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Could be Y2J, but the vignettes don't really have a Jericho feel to them. The fourth video is the most interesting for me...introduces the female element......he returns "when she tells us" and "she holds the mystery of my arrival"...then concludes with the word "control." In that video, the boy does say "things will never be the same again," which is a Jericho catch phrase, but who could the female power be? The return of Stephanie?

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She's as bad as Michael Cole

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Time makes people forget things, but I disagree. Michael Cole is intolerable imo. I can only watch Raw in segments if at all. I think Cole is the reason I can't stand the Miz so much.

Anyways, everything seems to point to Jericho and I think the fans (myself included) will be really pissed if it isn't him. I don't think it's dark enough to be Taker, but this would give WWE 2 months to develop a rivalry for Taker. Jericho was originally supposed to be in Hawaii for something Fozzy related next week, but according to his Twitter, Hawaii got cancelled. That said, he also made a Twitter post saying he was done with WWE, was tired of all the questions and wasn't going to answer any more questions about it. There's definitely a female involved, but she's not the primary character, because the boy all talks the returnee taking back what is "His".

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Her voice is like fingernails across a blackboard to me but Cole really has made Raw unwatchable for me too.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Stephanie and Jericho joined forces at one time when Y2J was the undisputed unified champion. So there's some history there. Just not sure it'd make sense to bring them back together.

Then again, she could be fueled by vengeance for Vince and Triple H being taken out of power...thinks Punk was the person who caused it, so brings back Jericho to take the title from him.

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

that's where I'm confused by it being Stephanie. The fault with HHH lies with laurinitis, who Punk already has issues with. Bringing Steph back for that reason (and I can't figure out another reason) would initially make her on the same side as Punk correct?

And btw, I didn't watch the PPV, what happened in the match between HHH and Nash?

11. WM

WM Active Member

Promos are for Brodus Clay, going to be a ton of pissed off people next week.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I didn't watch the PPV either, but Triple H beat Nash with a sledgehammer and sent him off on a stretcher.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I like Clay, but he'd be a letdown.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Steph's and Jericho's promos when they were against each other were great.

Man beast and the hose beast

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Actually, Laurinaitis confirmed Clay for a match next week on last night's Raw, so the promos can't be for him. They wouldn't have killed the surprise by confirming him for tv next week.

16. WM

WM Active Member

I hope it isn't him, that's just what i have read.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

can i get a recap of the last 17 weeks? now that MNF is over and the bowls games wrapping up in the next few weeks, i'm ready to watch again.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

[video=youtube;Aq7MXds43JI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq7MXds43JI&feature=related[/video]

This a video of one of Jericho's return promos from 2007. Same style with the cryptic clues and cuts in during the broadcast the same way the "It Begins" promos do. I think it'll definitely be Jericho on Monday...and the videos seem to suggest he's coming for Punk, imo, jmho, nwo, y2j, gbo.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Looks like a good time to start watching again. It'd been stale for the last few months, but Kane's back with the mask and causing all sorts of destruction, Y2J appears to be aiming for a feud with Punk to determine who really is the best in the world, the tag division has a pulse, Cena doesn't have a belt. Not a bad product right now.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

the thought of a Y2J return alone is enough to start watching.