POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

At no time have I seen $3.12. But I'm glad those of you who aren't on the road everyday are happy that you aren't affected.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

What are you paying?

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Have you tried living closer to work?

4. Ssmiff

my office is my home and car

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just looked, Nashville averages are down from a month ago to 3.11 a gallon. If the Google is right.

Guess smmiff could be on diesel at 3.50 a gallon or running premium at whatever it costs.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Biden tapped into the strategic oil reserve to give the optics of trying to do something, while not really doing anything to help the problems.

This won’t lower prices. 50 million barrels is enough for about 2 1/2 days of our consumption of oil.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What can he do about it?

8. Ssmiff

Or maybe I'm just on the road and getting gas instead of googling to see what prices may be.

Attached Files:

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Could have kept Trumps policy on oil and gas that lead to us being a net producer of oil and gas instead of making us more reliant on Russia and OPEC.

On top of the optics of shutting down the Keystone XL pipeline, which would have strengthened North American production to give us more leverage against Russia and OPEC.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

What policy has reduced production in 2021?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I spend about 1K a month on fuel.

justingroves likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

My job is exactly 3 miles from my driveway to the office parking lot. I drive a quad cab Chevy Silverado with a long bed and a V8. A tank of gas easily lasts me a month… when the weather is warm/dry enough I ride a bike to work a couple of days a week.

fl0at_ likes this.
  20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That said, I’m not sure how much control a POTUS (any POTUS, not just Trump or Biden or Obama… who seem to have caught the most heat that I can ever remember other than maybe Carter…) has over gas prices… seems more like a traditional supply/demand issue to me but I’m by no means an economic expert.

NorrisAlan likes this.