POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Some things are just best left unsaid. That's my opinion. There are lots of things that could have been said, but claiming the crowd was chanting for him is downright silly. The motivation? It could have been something other than spin, but that's not the world we live in. If she wasn't trying to spin what was being chanted, saying the crowd is/was really into it or that he stirred up a really rowdy crowd or something like that would have been far less meme-worthy than saying something completely false.

IP likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"They are not booing, they are chanting 'Daaaaaave'" - David Letterman

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I mean, I'm not a fan of it. I wasn't when DeNiro did it at an awards show or when it's a cutesy chant at a game or bumper sticker. As much as I disliked Trump, I didn't go around saying "Hey, [uck fay] Trump!" at people. But, whatever. I do little more than an eye roll when someone says "Let's go Brandon".

Just don't lecture me about respect for authority or "keeping politics out of sport" if you're doing it if, in the future, your guy is on the end of the chants or if you're doing it at a football game.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The video reminds me a little of one of the Monday Nitro shows early in the NWO storyline when the fans were chanting "Diesel" for Kevin Nash and someone on the broadcast tried to spin that they were chanting "Weasel" for Bobby Heenan.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It’s entirely possible, and likely, that a TV pit reporter wearing noise canceling headphones with numerous people talking in her ear at one time could misinterpret crowd noise while simultaneously trying to conduct an interview with the winning driver.

VolDad and chef65 like this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I get it's NeckCar, but why was the crowd chanting it to begin with?

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You just answered your own question.

warhammer likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Absolutely. I don't think the woman was trying to do anything bad but it was funny. I figured it would be a meme for a week and go away

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

People gotta start living their lives and stop letting the Rs and the Ds turn politics into a soap opera.

justingroves likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Kelly Stavis is one of the best in the business. She is a professional above all else.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Worst case, she's trying to make chicken salad out of chickenshit on live TV.

SetVol13 likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

LOL, the lying is getting so lazy that his hand disappears in the middle of the edit.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Biden tapped into the strategic oil reserve to attempt to lower gas prices over the holidays. I dislike it, but I understand it.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Gas prices are high? Didn't notice. I also drive like 7 miles a week.

Savage Orange, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. NorrisAlan

Gas at my exit has moved seven cents all summer. Might be the exception in the USA.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I spent about $450 on gas this month

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My last 2 or 3 fill ups have been >$50. Been awhile since that. Luckily I don’t drive my truck too much and fill up about once every 10-14 days

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We drive a little more than that, but fuel fully off home solar. It's great.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

$450/$3.12/gallon = 144 gallons

144 gallons/30 days = 4.8 gallons a day

Avg US mpg = ~25 mpg

25 x 4.8 =120 miles a day.

120 miles x 30 days = 3,600 miles, or the length from the coast of Maine to the coast of Washington.

450 bucks seems like a good deal.