POLITICS The Biden Transition

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Nov 24, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And how is how you voted in the past, influenced, exactly, by what is being done... ya know, today? Time machines?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

3. juicemane

juicemane Member

Maybe sit this one out bud

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ridiculous, but nothing surprises anymore. Politicians are legit insane. All of them.

5. fl0at_

The debate on the table is that Republicans actions today are going to cost them voters in 4 years, or 8 years.

Are you on board with the idea that just a whole bunch of people aren't going to vote for a person, in 4 or 8 years, based on what they are doing... now?

Because that's the side of the argument you've jumped on.

6. fl0at_

I can't wait, when in four years, it's Ted Cruz' turn, and everyone is like, "Welp, liked his views, but... he did that thing in 2021."

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is a pastor with a degree in theology.

8. juicemane

juicemane Member

Yes. Not sure why the concept of an independent voter is so hard for you to grasp.

9. fl0at_

An independent voter, who remains independent, HAS NOT CHANGED HABITS. You understand this, correct? You're following this far? An object in motion remains in motion... An independent voter who remains an independent voter...

But, as you are an independent voter, you'll state, right now, you won't be voting for Ted Cruz? Or Hawley? Or Marshall?

You can say that right now? Then you're not an independent voter. And if you can't say it right now, then you're habits haven't changed.

Nobody is going to rule out these folks in 4 or 8 years, based on what they do today, and they know it. It'd be nice if you did too.

10. juicemane

juicemane Member

Uhhh, yea I can absolutely rule out voting for any of those people in any upcoming elections based on their actions right now. And in no way does that mean I’m not an independent voter.

And please, for your own sake, keep whatever semantical bullshit you have next to yourself.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My voting habits are guaranteed to change over time. Just like they have changed since I started voting. This is not a difficult concept.

12. fl0at_

Semantics? Well tree bush the dog, paint! The meaning of that, sadly, is wrapped in semantics. For my sake, I hope you can't figure it out. It wasn't flattering.

So, are you saying, right now, that you will not vote for any of those people? Your statement is ambiguous. The "can" vs "will." Sadly, it's semantics.

13. fl0at_

So, go on record, right now, you won't be voting for any of the people doing the thing now.

There is a list. Ted Cruz is on it, but that one is pretty easy. Definite no.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Easy, the only person I've voted for to date that is involved in these shenanigans is my local Congressional representative. If the Democrats decide to actually field an opposition candidate I will consider voting for them depending on how insane they are, but at a minimum I will never vote for my representative ever again. If any house or senate member that votes to ignore the results for the election is ever in a presidential primary or ballot they will have already been disqualified from my consideration. Of course you'd only be a fool to believe me, but take/ignore it as you will.

15. fl0at_

No, I'm fine with your integrity being the check. I can't check it, but you can.

Might be one of these folks vs something much, much worse, for something much more important, but you've already locked yourself in to no vote, the worse vote, or your own integrity checked by yourself.

No, I'll take that.

16. fl0at_

Same for you juicy, on the integrity check.

17. CardinalVol

I won't vote for trump, hawley, cruz, blackburn, or burchett again because of this. I'll actually vote for whoever runs against them in a primary and depending on the possibility of actually unseating them will work on opposing campaigns.

If they are there in general election I will leave it blank if I must.

18. fl0at_

Hagerty signed on too.

19. CardinalVol

Then add him to the list in 26. I've not seen that.

20. fl0at_

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...ll-object-to-electoral-college-results-on?amp