POLITICS The Biden Transition

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Nov 24, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I have enjoyed everyone asking why they are only releasing part of the conversation and not the whole thing only for the response to be a link to the whole thing.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If there was something substantive, this would be a whole other kettle of fish. There's nothing to this election steal crap. NOTHING.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Welp then he should realize he’s not making any sense

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

you would think.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm reading the full transcript for the first time, the full hour, just for my entertainment. Here's how he opens after the formalities:

"We won very substantially in Georgia. You even see it by rally size, frankly. We'd be getting 25-30,000 people a rally and the competition would get less than 100 people. And it never made sense."

And, over 120 representatives with 11 senators are signing on for this. I don't even know how to place this anymore.

7. Unimane

Ha! You must be new to think this was going to happen on this board.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's been entertaining reading you folks arguing about something that will be, at the absolute best, difficult to measure at some point 4-8 years in the future in a thread that will probably be all the way off the backburner by then.

For what it's worth, I think float's right. This barely moves the needle if at all in any substantial way in upcoming elections. Most people vote for their team. Some may not, and some may claim they won't but don't yet know the evil villainy that their team will be up against next time around. Nobody here should take this personally. It's just how folks in general tend to be.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I agree. For the vast majority, dems will vote dem amd republicans will vote repub, no matter who the candidate is or how shitty of a person they are. Because people are programmed robots for the most part and love to hate those who think differently.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's like they didn't pay attention

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The GOP is a lot stronger and healthier when it comes across as the practical dad party, not the crazy uncle party.

ptclaus98 and VolDad like this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trump has done some crazy stuff that we know about; and probably a lot of crazy we have not heard about. But this tape takes it to a whole nother level of Bizzaro World, batshit crazy stuff. Georgia can't be the only State he did this with.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

there needs to be some boundaries reasserted on executive authority and privilege. I don't know if biden is willing to neuter what the office has become, but we can clearly see opportunities for abuse that need not exist.

VolDad likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Congress can do it.

Will they? Doubt it. There is no cold war, we need Congress to take back some of the President's powers that congress stuffed into the executive branch

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is seriously Banana Republic type stuff.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

if you don't know, you may be interested to learn the origin of that expression. this doesn't quite fit (imo), though there is a similarity.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Why kill the golden goose?

18. Unimane

Merrick Garland to be the Attorney General.

VolDad likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

people have lost their damn minds. the debate a few weeks ago was between 600 and 2000 dollar checks. folks are now saying biden has shifted his position because the checks are 1400. Last I checked, he didn't say 2600. 600 +1400 is 2000, as discussed. I don't know why everyone in this country is so crazy.

CitrusCo.Vol, gcbvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain