The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

So JG in DeBord’s O?

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Not gonna complain about those Ws at all.

The last thing I'll say regarding Debord: anyone that had those weapons and an ounce of autonomy, rides it to a better job in CFB/NFL. Debord found himself calling plays at Indiana in '17.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

wait, when was Tenny ever considered among the best parts of the 8th?

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Day 0 when he installed the software and was the only person on the system?

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I actually kind of like Pruitt is the main difference. Second difference being that we used to have more hope that a great hire would be made. Third, I am not sure if you noticed but 2020 was a weird year. Even though I’m now sure that Pruitt cannot get us where we want to go, I don’t think he’s actually as bad as his 3-7 record. Finally, I’m just not as invested anymore, and that may be a good thing.

Don’t get me wrong, I want him gone because I think you gotta keep trying to win. But I’m certainly not losing any sleep over it.

VOLinDAWGland and IP like this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not totally checked out on Pruitt myself. I don't think he's the guy long term, but I could be wrong. His hiring came out of upheaval, and he's shown all of the problems you could have guessed from his resume at the time. I think we've seen 90% of his potential, maybe more, unless there is a eureka moment in his future.

As far as wanting him gone, right now I think we are between a rock and a hard place. It's not the best time to be coach shopping, and the AD hasn't made a decent transition since Fulmer was let go and Kiffin brought in. If he stays and things begin returning to normal before the start of next season, what happens if he improves the win total to 6 or 7 or 8. How does that play? Does Fulmer want to keep him around? Does Fulmer foolishly extend him again? Do they both get shown the door?

Pick your poison with this AD. I'm not excited for any of the prospects, and it could wind up even worse.

ptclaus98, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  7. TDVol1989

I honestly believe Pruitt is a terrible head coach. Just awful. His actual players seem to like him but he has trouble with his assistants, the admin (rumored), and is a terrible on field coach. I don’t have a problem disagreeing but the hope we luck into a decent coach is all I have. Otherwise 2021 is about if we make a bowl or set another new record bad stat.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

At this point, I believe that even if Tennessee started winning again (unless it was like consecutive Natty’s or something) enough folks have checked out over the past two decades that it’d be a few years before the fans really came back in droves and Knoxville was well... Knoxville again on a game day Saturday.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nah next time we start 3-0 again the sheep will be at the trough

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Probably so. The dumb is strong with a majority of the fan base for sure...

12. TDVol1989

Actually I agree IF we make a change and hire Doug Marrone. But if a hire is made that kind of gives hope then I think everyone is back in. If Pruitt stays I think the fans will remain apathetic.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

It’s now or never according to all the predictions. If nothing over the next 36 hours then 2021 should be fun.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Lol, it's never.

15. TDVol1989

Yes I think the window opens today and closes by Tuesday. There is some scheduled team meeting tomorrow but it’s not a new thing. Standard meeting. Seems hard to be normal then and fire him after. If he stays then the AD has done almost everything possible to guarantee his failure in 2021. The ONLY thing that makes sense is he resigns under pressure for 50%. So that swings the pendulum to him staying because...you know.

I really won’t understand him staying the way we played it.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Honestly, with how quickly they've turned on him at VN, it gives me pause about how bad he actually is. It wouldn't surprise me to see him win 10 next year and [uck fay] off to FSU and start taking GA and FL recruits from us. I'm waiting on spring to finish before I give a prediction, but I don't see the collapse that everyone is expecting.

warhammer and IP like this.
  17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We know he can scheme a defense. We know his players love him and will fight for him. It does not appear that he knows how to actually run a program, with hiring good assistants and letting them do their job being the big drawback. But we’re upgrading the defensive coaching staff right now, plus bringing in some transfers. If the defense gets back to 2019 caliber, we shouldn’t implode, even if the offense stinks. If we could get some good offensive assistants and get out of their way, we could even be good. It’s the last bit that I don’t expect, which is why I’m thinking 6-6/7-5

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

VT transfer true dual threat qb instead of JG may improve the entire team attitude, keep the 3 and outs limited and put a less dejected defense out on the field, with better lb play

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The collapse was going 3-7 in year 3 while playing JG like his life depended on it, losing by 27 at home to Kentucky, and a scoring margin of 19.7 points in the losses.

Now, we are at the "can he fix it" stage.

Tar Volon likes this.
  20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The majority of VN wanted to keep butch.