The Butch Jones Doomsday Clock is now the Jeremy Pruitt Doomsday Clock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 24, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

that would be unacceptable. this whole process is unacceptable regardless of how it concludes. it is january 18, for [uck fay]'s sake.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want AD heads on poles. we should not still be feeling around and fumbling at this point.

3. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

It sounds like Heavy is going out with him FWIW

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Same guy on VN (recruiting forum) says Fulmer will retire. Also hat our whole recruiting staff will also get wiped out with cause.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

From my end - there's nothing new worth discussing.

TIFWIW

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I need a deeper cleaning. There is no glory to be found in a process that took this long. It affects players, the offseason, and hirings.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will say, I won't believe any of these rumors until I see the presser, and even then I will have my doubts.

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The rumors are having the opposite of their intended effect on me. If this is all playing like they claim, we really are a third rate program now. This is pitiful. And Pruitt, cheating, etc would be lower on the list of our problems than the lack of cohesive leadership. The lack of any semblance of institutional control.

ptclaus98, reVOLt, Memtownvol and 4 others like this.
  9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Regardless of outcome, this is such a colossal shit show. There is no resolution where the UT AD comes out looking like anything but a total disaster of a department.

ptclaus98 and justingroves like this.
  10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

A lot of heads need to roll around those parts it anything positive is to come of all this. These partial resets every few years aren’t working. We need one big hydrogen bomb on that place and a complete restart from an administrative standpoint or else this shit will just continue forever.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

IncompeTENNce...

ptclaus98 and utvol0427 like this.
  12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I see a hypothetical scenario where they take the extra month to get prepared for a 5 year problem (potentially massive sanctions) vs making a prompt decision in order to maximize next year.

Not saying that's the case, but it could make some sense depending on what comes out.

Could very well be that the university set itself back to save some money on the buyout.

IP likes this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

trademark that and start putting it on t-shirts

warhammer, Volgrad98 and utvol0427 like this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I probably shouldn’t wear it to work

sbradle4, NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It can’t happen, wouldn’t happen, but I’m almost genuinely of the belief that it’d be better for the brand to shut down, go away for 5 years, and be out of sight, out of mind.

Distance ourselves from the constant failure and embarrassment...stop being known for losing...go away, gradually allow people, even opposing fanbases to romanticize what we were, begin to actually miss hearing Rocky Top...then relaunch the thing with new blood, a long-planned and carefully selected head coach...

There are a million reasons why it could never happen and would never work, but I’m betting 5 years from now we’ll be having the same conversation we’re having today, regardless of what transpires with Pruitt in the next 48 hours.

16. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

It's just very UT of us as well to have this fiasco right before one of the best in-state classes in years is coming down the pipe. A stable program with that class could have should have been a great building block in getting this program on track.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Update -

Strike that, let's roll.

reVOLt and A-Smith like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It seems to be bigger than that. It seems that through state government/boosters, the AD is always merely an apparatus to be manipulated. I'm not sure how you can fix that.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We'd do all that just to allow our new AD [ddiapos] to hire a 67 year old Lovie Smith.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This won't be the first post of yours that I've fapped to, but it will be the more recent one.