The Fashion Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have never worn a suit, and would not presume to weigh in on it whatsoever.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You have never worn a suit? Even to interviews?

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I thought the same thing.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

A tie, but not a suit. I don't own a suit.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looks like I just found out a way to improve.

Though to be fair I've never worked anywhere or applied anywhere that folks were wearing suits. Nobody wears suits in Denver except lawyers. And even then only on court days.

6. NorrisAlan

Absolutely.

7. NorrisAlan

Worst thing I ever saw while on an interview panel was when a guy showed up in a white silky shirt. With no undershirt.

Poor guy started sweating and you got to where you could see everything. I knew him (was a part time worker already) and when he didn't get the job I went to him and gave him a few pointers. Undershirt for one.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well I haven't done that. Just a good shirt and tie (with undershirt) and good slacks. The folks interviewing have always been comparable in their attire.

I am about to move to DC, so I know I have to do better.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You can find a good cheap suit

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any suggestions?

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kohl's has affordable suits. When I was fresh out of college I got my first suit there. Think I may even still have it.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

jos a bank or goodwill even if you can find one in a high end area and you're not a weird size

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

My wingspan is a bit longer than my height. Might be able to do. My girlfriend volunteers on Saturdays at a charity's thrift store, I may put her on lookout.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

JC Penny and even Sears have cheap suits, but I'd avoid the latter. Wear a suit or at least slacks and a coordinating jacket to interviews for professional positions. As someone who has been on both sides of the table, it could very well make the difference. One exception would be if they tell you to wear something else.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Regular length fits me perfect but my chest size is larger than my waist so I generally have to have them took in a little.

My moms also worked in a sewing factory her whole life so she does my seamstress work

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

My girlfriend likes to make her own clothing... I might need to wife her to get her to tailor for me though.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd go cook over sewing.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wedding?

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If she can cook too you got a keeper.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my brother in law bought a suit recently at men's warehouse. it think he paid like $250 all in. it looked pretty good to me. my brooks brother's suit looked almost identical.