The Fashion Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't care what job I am interviewing for, I wear a suit. If I am overdressed, so be it. Better than showing up in jeans and a collared shirt and everyone else is wearing slacks and ties.

I just assumed everyone thought this way, but perhaps not.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What, bathrobe and slippers not good enough for her?

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Bow ties are so g... Never mind.

Only time I'll ever be in a bow tie is if my wife goes for one last laugh or kick in the balls and buries me in one. I can't pull it off and hate them with a passion. Not sure why.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Charcoal.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You just wear suits to interviews unless told otherwise.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm generally amazed at the number of people who don't get this concept today.

I'm supposed to wear suits (at least tie) when on road with clients. But I walked in to two or three offices first round and the doctors asked me why in the hell I had a tie on. I no longer wear ties to visit these guys. If it's a new client I will, but some of these old ones just don't want me to, so I oblige.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I have one of those as well.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yup.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The last time I wore a suit, or a tie for that matter, was my dad's funeral. That was in 2004.

"I ain't been a fan of neckties ever since I seen my first hangin'."

-Briscoe Darlin

10. JayVols

The good ole boy system has afforded me the luxury of never having to wear a suit to an interview.

Most of my interviews were phone calls saying, "You want this job?" That or "You want to come put up some hay/tobacco/corn for me today?"

11. JayVols

Bathrobe and slippers?

Boxer briefs and barefoot here...

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It was an exception for the most part. The company primarily did environmental work like auditing, permitting, and engineering. When clients were in either office in town, we were expected to wear a jacket and tie. Otherwise, slacks and a dress shirt was acceptable, and a tie was encouraged. We wore khakis in the field. Jeans were pretty much forbidden although some folks wore them when traveling.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Just avoid patterned stuff. Subtle tie. Subdued socks. Can even live with cuffs and pleats.

I still cuff mine because I hate the uncuffed look on dress pants. Fat guys should still wear pleats.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hate suits. Hope to only wear a couple of times again ever. Have a closet full of high end suits from years wearing them to work every day. Prefer sandals shorts and golf shirt.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I have two suits. Both are black. One is my fat suit aka normal suit. The other is my friend decided to get married after I had lost about 80 lbs and I had to be in the wedding and it had to be black suit.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*fat guy nods his head up and down.*

I've got a navy, a charcoal, gray fishbone, two navy pinstriped, and seersucker

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I wear pleats. I am fat.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You only have to figure it out once. When I was early in my career, I basically had an interview outfit that I wore to every interview. I did have a couple of different ties and shirts to wear with the suit.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's the tactic I took as well. I do think that with certain companies, mostly technology, you can come off as stuffy or old fashioned. But im talking about companies where people wear jeans and flip flops.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I used to wear a suit everyday, but abandoned that for business casual when I went independent. I don't even wear a tie for client meetings anymore. I've yet to have been underdressed, but California has been pretty lax for a while