The Great Wall Of Trump

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Mar 21, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

has he suggested invading another country?

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I hate labels, I really do, I understand it's in our nature to try to box everyone and everything into a nice framework so we can easily separate one another but it's imperfect.

Fiscal conservatism sounds great, as does social liberal but aren't they intertwined? Do these two belief systems not affect each other at some point?

I'm not looking to be called a Republican or a Democrat anytime soon.

I what people to be able to make their own choices freely, whether it be to abort a baby or marry a person of the same sex, I want the government to limit handouts, whether they be to individuals or big businesses. I feel that most Americans are appropriately taxed, except for the wealthy, some of those numbers are astronomical.I don't necessarily want to limit government spending, rather have much more oversight as to where the money goes.

I don't know what label you'd put on a person like this but it's a snapshot of some of my beliefs.

3. GahLee

This. I'm being told he's not being literal, yet it seems absolutely ****ing literal to me. And as you mentioned, it's the cornerstone of his candidacy.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, Mexico

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, Mexico

6. GahLee

Laughed

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not following you

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

building a wall isn't invading mexico

9. GahLee

Intentionally or not, he asserted using force. Whether it be by military or helping collapse their economy, it's a bad look either way.

10. GahLee

Taking 40% percent or more of what a person earns is bullshit. Period. I don't care who you make it or how much more you have than you need. That's bullshit.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you are a complicated dude

12. GahLee

I can be, feel like I'm being pretty straight forward here.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'd have to hunt for it. He's said t in most debates. Or at least several I've watched. He usually says 'we do need a wall' and then goes on to talk about addressing the issue of those currently here carefully as I recall.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Typical voter.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Did not know, and thanks.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I appreciate it

17. Tenacious D

All fair questions.

In order:

1. No. He's criticized plenty by lock-step GOPe loyalists, who are far from liberal.
    2. No. He's the closest option to Bernie, of all who remain. Some may see and believe that. I do.
    3. Cruz doesn't want to change the game to something better, he wants to change it for himself. He's like the kid who gets picked on and gets a new car before anyone else - he's just going to be a revenge-exacting bully, with the upper hand. But a bully is a bully.
    4. I don't think that Clinton will beat any of the three GOP candidates who remain. I think Bernie would be a tougher challenge. Just my $.02
    5. I don't know what GA's political bent is. Were I to guess, he's seems most like the other GOPe's who are now resentful that all of their certainties of his demise were surely going to come to pass, who first hated him long ago because he didn't give two shits about the GOPe, and in turn, what they or their supporters thought. He's not unreasonable, but he stands out, as many others here who share his outlook have long-since slumped away, taken their ball and gone home. Go back to that first few dozen pages of the thread, and you'll see many of his most dogmatic critics aren't offering much of late. They underestimated and tried to dismiss him out of hand, and that stings, I guess.
    6. What do you mean by "circling the wagons"? You mean in defense of Trump by those here, or as in more GOPe's are going to start falling in line? If the former, you'll need to give me some examples of this. If the latter, I agree. We can cite any poll we want for November, but once the GOPe stops trying to kill Trump - the new Reagan - and instead turns their attention to HRC, she's going to be in a world of hurt, IMO. She needs to run her mouth now, while the attention of the money is diverted elsewhere, IMO.

18. Tenacious D

I'll add this - it only makes the GOPers hate him even more - but Trump has consistently shown a streak to stand up to the GOPe and on significant matters. Planned Parenthood. Trade. NATO. Non-interventionism (all of you who argue to stop America's "imperialism", well, here's your guy).

These are not only wildly unpopular with the GOPe (and uber popular with their rank and file), but he continues to do it, even now (as recently as today on NATO) if there was a time for him to capitulate so as to "unify the Party" - I don't even know what that means, and always read it as "kiss the establishment's ass, ring or both - it'd be now. And he isn't.

He's going to make the rounds, soften himself for the General, but for those waiting on him to bow a knee the GOPe, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Like it or not, and while he may be a character, it also shows that he has some character.

And balls. Big balls. Balls for miles and miles.

19. Tenacious D

Fair.

Every vote counts.

20. Tenacious D

If Mexico fails to render the aide to stop the flow of illegals into the US, you can no more blame Trump for "tanking" their economy, than you can blame him for deporting a bunch of people who knowingly and willfully violated the law to be here illegally, in the first place.