The Great Wall Of Trump

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by GahLee, Mar 21, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone bump the thread or repost the source.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

No it won't. Once it is built, it will cost something to maintain. The money lost for those who lose their property via imminent domain will never stop growing.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not to mention creating even more government jobs to man the damn thing.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It could be the new TVA

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That's fair.

But think how big it's total footprint will be in width, and imagine what that land is worth, at the moment, or is likely to ever be, with an open border. If if there was an appropriate use for eminent domain, that'd be it.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Again, that is one thing to say in Knoxville, TN. Go to the border and tell the people making a living on the land there that. Try to convince them that the wall would even be effective, relative to the cost.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How much of that land is owned and used privately anyway? I bet not much

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's not. The corps of engineers runs all that land.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

After it was condemned by the US government following lawsuits by the Fed against land owners who refused to allow government inspectors to come in and survey their land, so it could be condemned.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Are we talking historical. We're talking about building a wall 40 years ago?

That'll be a cool trick.

11. fl0at_

2008, actually. When land was condemned to build the border fence. Something like 900 miles. Which would be jusssssssst a bit short of the 2000 miles needed for the wall.

So, I assume, that about another 1000 miles of private land will need to be appropriated by the US government. But screw those Americans. They aren't the rest of us.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

from what I can tell private land isn't the issue as there isn't much of it. the primary problem is a lot of it are protected wildlife areas meaning the EPA would throw a fit.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think it's weird that people are freaking out over the cost. we are attempting to build a bullet train in California that isn't at all needed and won't service the greatest population centers that will cost at least 3 times even the most aggressive estimates of what this wall will cost. thanks Obama! we build expensive pointless shit all the time. i'm not suggesting it needs to be built, but even the highest estimates aren't really that expensive by American govt standards.

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Agreed. Relative to tons of other areas of waste, it's hard to call it expensive.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

just touring DC and looking around at the pile of money pissed away on elaborate and ornate buildings for pure bureaucracy should make us cry. It's ludicrous.

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I would love to go down and take pictures of it.

17. fl0at_

When they built the fence, they suspended the wildlife protection act, or whatever. I don't recall the number, but I think DHS suspended something like 22 acts of Congress to build the fence. So EPA can throw a fit all they want, if mandated to build, it'll get built. EPA is, after all, an executive body.

I would assume the head of the executive body could just tell them to pound sand, and they'd have to listen.