The holy word with IP

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Feb 28, 2013.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any circumstance is a "card" with some people. There are no cards. Only a reality in which all things are never equal and pretending like they are is delusional.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

As so frequently happens in these discussions, I must not only reply to 53's assertion about resources, but also then reply to your comment about me being wrong for merely invoking what was posted at me. It would be much easier if people read posts for content rather than for position.

Why is it unfair/hard to compare? Our economy is of comparable size relative to scale of population. I think what ends up being the argument is what my original concern was-- we are not a country in which the prosperity is shared or spread. That manifests itself in many ways, and it becomes circular reasoning to come to the conclusion that we don't have a more egalitarian society because we're so diverse.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Pretending that forcibly taking from some and handing it others is the equalizer is delusional.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It would also be easier to read and understand content if questions were answered directly instead of with misdirection and bloviation.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've not mentioned force even once. That's a straw man.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nuance is not misdirection.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Stop paying to the Federal Government and see if you don't get forced.

http://jobs.irs.gov/student/criminal-investigation-special-agent.html

Supporting the forcible taking of money from some to give to others that you consider less fortunately is so virtuous and noble. We are talking Mother Teresa type personal sacrifice.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Frankly, I find people who are against paying taxes to be unpatriotic and wannabe moochers. People want the protection, stability, and infrastructure but they don't want to contribute? I haven't once spoke towards forcing anyone to do anything. I just don't understand why you don't want to live in a better society. Why you can just assume people all just get whatever they deserve. It's a shame people feel that they must be coerced into paying into the system that gave them so much prosperity. Selfish and short-sighted.

I mean, you're essentially saying you think the Federal government is your enemy. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Who said that I am against paying taxes. I have no problem paying taxes for things that the Federal government was created for. Income redistribution was not an intent.

I do put my money where my mouth is. If you would like to do the same, lets compare charitable contributions from last year. If I paid more, you agree to match me and write a check to a charity of my choice. If you paid more I will write a check to the charity of your choice.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How does income redistribution provide protection, stability, or infrastructure?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What's your evidence we are not a country where prosperity is spread?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah God forbid I don't want to pay for my family and 3 others.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Folks like IP are real generous giving money to those they consider less fortunate; as long as it s other peoples money.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just so I understand, you think a guy giving his last dollar away is less generous than someone making 80k who gives someone a fiver? Again, you are making a personal trait judgement (generosity) based on wealth (total amount donated). This is at least consistent with the idea that wealthy people shouldn't have to pay "more in taxes" than anyone else.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let them eat cake, right?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

The disparity in education and income. Hang out in Compton and prove me wrong.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

What money have I taken from anyone and given to anyone? I'm asking you why you are against creating a society without suffering. You come back with me being a thief, communist, have the gall to try to shame me for perhaps donating less money to charity than you irrespective to income (essentially meaning I would be less of a good person than you because I have less disposable wealth), etc. Note that this isn't a "victim" card as you deflected with earlier, this is me giving you a review. I don't think I'm a victim, I just think you're completely blind to how you approach this topic. We're one nation and one society. Why look down on people and their problems, when you could help them and break the cycles?

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

There is no society without suffering, hard fact of life.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are societies that are more egalitarian and have less suffering. Do you have any reasons why a society must have suffering?

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Well, suffering may not be a perfect word for what I mean. You seem to think everyone in America deserves a comfortable life, even if they aren't willing to bust their ass for it.