The hype train

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Apr 19, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You mean you can cite exceptions. Kickers generally are not second round draft picks and qbs get drafted higher than their individual talent

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think nick Saban would agree. You telling me he'd rather him get kicked off than alabama's likely starting rb? Zero chance

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Says the guy who goes to auburn

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'll say it again. Alabama would find another guy to play LT well enough easier than Tennessee replaces what Hurd brings.

Talking about replacing a nonspecific LT with a nonspecific RB doesn't contribute much to the conversation but then, well, the source

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm not talking about a nonspecific left tackle, I'm talking about a projected first round draft pick left tackle

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Well I don't think Saban would have traded his center getting kicked off the team last year for Henry either

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I guess you confused me

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not surpring. I'm not comparing a random lt with Hurd

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I gave you time to retract your dumb argument but you just dug in. I don't know why citing someone's school is a go to move, but it makes more sense for a Cal alum than guys who went to UT. Regardless, I'm at Wake Forest now so you can just use that for future reference.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Except in the 4 posts I quoted you were comparing positions without reference to specific players. You meander around an argument like no other

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. We're often optioning that end.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I apologize for having varied and detailed arguments rather than just repeating the same thing over and over again.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Why don't you argue the facts rather than just calling something dumb? Oh wake forest. you showed me.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't see it. last year saban said over and over again the most important player on his team was his center. that's with a Heisman trophy winner at RB. and in general a center isn't as valuable as a left tackle even in college.

15. RockyHill

Because I don't know how this can be broken down to a level you can understand. I honestly think you are just prideful and dug in your heels after you said something stupid and got called on it.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That's why I said centers are more important than left tackles in college ball, but the most important cat is at QB. Anything otherwise is talk. That guy sucks and you can't win.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well thanks for your contribution.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I certainly agree the qb is obviously the most important.

19. RockyHill

I'd rather not have to waste my time giving 10,000 examples of how you're wrong. The Dak Prescott example was a decent one. Do you think TAMU's success in 2012 had more to do with Johnny Manziel or Luke Joeckel? Was Greg Robinson more important to Auburn than Nick Marshall?

You can't get upset with me for just calling your argument dumb rather than wasting my time analyzing it. It is perfectly self evident to any one who knows anything about college football.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd say both were more important than the rbs on those teams which was the argument I was making. and yes much of manziel's success was due to having one of the greatest olines in modern history.

it's perfectly self evident when you are saying arguments I've never made are dumb. congrats.