The hype train

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Apr 19, 2016.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

While we all hate alot of the coaching, schemes and philosophy, I can't help but be excited about this coming season. It's been a while since we've been in this kind of position. Too long...too long. So I'm gonna enjoy it. The enjoyment may not last long but we'll see.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hope everyone saves up their raping for our opponents on the field this year.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

College Football News has UT as the 3rd best team in the country coming out of the spring.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Already watching the game clock, wishing it to wind down faster.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ok. That's the team. What about when we add in the staff?

6. RockyHill

Still top 15 I'd imagine. But whenever I think we'll go 11-1 I just remember that Butch is probably in his office eating crayons and thinking of a new slogan to spout.

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Since I didn't see posted, figured I'd throw it out there:

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Also

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/sec-football-preview-conference-lookahead

9. RockyHill

I know LSU is freaky talented but as long as they refuse to run a 21st century offense I will continue to doubt them.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I honestly don't know what to think of LSU. Tennessee on the other hand, butch better get to Atlanta this year.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

qb has apparently looked decent and we all know that's always the only problem. that and the annual les miles WTF game.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate the offensive staff outside of Gillispie and Scott but I'm pretty excited to see Shoop's defense

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fournette and Guice are good enough to carry them to 9 wins. If the QB can do anything of value, they're extremely dangerous even running that antiquated offense.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Georgia at 8 seems pretty dumb. Louisville at 11 is a close second. i'd have Baylor and Michigan state higher. florida state should be top 4 too.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I thought the same on UGA. UT is probably too high at 3 but UGA should prolly be 15+

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's almost guaranteed they will be starting a true frosh qb. that by itself is worth a couple of losses.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lot of people are banking on a freshman qb, a surgically repaired knee and a rookie head coach in uga.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i find it interesting he has Miami ranked too. either you think richt was terrible and that's why you ranked them so high now or you don't. I rarely buy change of scenery arguments. not many guys have gotten fired from major programs and then won big elsewhere.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Richt will be an upgrade over Golden and he'll get south Florida back. He'll consistently win 9 games, which is a big deal considering where they are now

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think he will recruit just fine, but all he has there now is a qb