The "I Hate Dayton, Ohio" Selection Sunday Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

The committee can EAD for all I care.....Hell, Louisville as a 4 seed is nuts...Defending NC and ranked #5....What a joke!

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Very first thing I noticed about the brackets and commented on in this thread, total **** job. Putting UK in their second round game and then UL for a potential Sweet 16 matchup was a middle finger to their season that the big boys didn't consider legit.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Your prize for running the table: the preseason #1 in the ROUND OF FREAKING 32, and if you get past that, you get the defending champs in the Sweet 16. (How the Hell is Louisville a 4 seed after winning the AAC and being ranked top 5, anyway?)

Michigan State's path to the Final Four is an order of magnitude easier than Wichita's, and they're a 4 seed. This is one of the most unbalanced brackets I can recall.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Vitale just called Florida's region the toughest. Did he even look at the Midwest?

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The game with Louisville would be in Indianapolis. If there's any real justice in the world, Wichita runs through all those white glove programs and gets back to the Final Four.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

ESPN loves them some Michigan State. They had 4 analysts fill out brackets during Sportscenter and all 4 are taking the Izzos to win it all.

Digger has Oklahoma State going all the way to the title game...uh, LOLWUT?

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Syracuse shakes out of its funk and Kansas strings together some consistency, I could see it.

Seriously?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is almost like Louisville was made a 4 seed specifically to be put in Wichita State's bracket.

9. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I recall the LSU team in 86 making the final 4 as an 11 seed. They beat the 1, 2, and 3 seeds in their bracket to get there.

It helped that they played the first two rounds on their home court. Rules changed because of LSU.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I stopped watching after Louisville was announced as a 4. There has to be a better way.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

After a good nights sleep, I still don't understand the rhyme or reason for any of this shit. Apparently BYU's star is out and they still got a 10 seed. F the committee

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I thought Louisville had a solid case as the 4th number 1, at worst a 2.

13. GahLee

Same.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Without a doubt

15. GahLee

Seems like every year they have their best player get hurt right before the tournament.

16. GahLee

How the [uck fay] is Nebraska a 10 seed and SMU isn't even in?

17. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I would have them behind all four 2's and Iowa St. The second highest #3 seed.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He drinks a cup of coffee and they claim it's an injury

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Agree. Could have seen them getting a 2, but expected at least a 3.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't get the Kansas love. I get they played a hard schedule and all, but injuries and stuff have them inconsistent.

Don't get Michigan love either. I think they are way overrated.

I like Nova and have a coaching man-crush on Jay Wright, but I think Louisville is better.

Wisconsin and they would have been the toss up with UVA, IMO.