The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

the replay will show what I posted. The shot clock buzzer went off when the rebound was put back up, but ref didn’t blow the whistle until it went thru the net

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Marcus Smart is the least clutch player in the NBA

InVolNerable and A-Smith like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Post it then.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can live with the Jimmy Butler 3 at the end. He was open and had already hit a similar one earlier in the game. Also don’t think they wanted to go to OT. They looked gassed.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

A-Smith likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah. He missed 3 of the most open 3s in the final 2 minutes that you’ll ever see.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The whistle was definitely blown before the ball went through the net. But it also wasn’t blown until after he got the shot up, so I’m not right either.

Seems like the buzzer going off before he even begins to take the shot is problematic.

8. Ssmiff

People are complaining about taking the 3 away, but in reality Strus walked.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If that’s a walk, there’s 100 walks a game. Al Horford had one in the closing minutes on a made basket.

The problem is that they took it away so long after it happened. It impacts strategy and is deflating. You feel like you’re down 8, but then suddenly you’re down 11, then it becomes 13 with one more made bucket and you’re just like wtf?

Needs to be looked at. Don’t like it being changed so long after it happened.

10. Ssmiff

There are 100 walks a game. And 100 moving picks. Struts may have actually taken 4 steps

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Imagine a basketball game if they called carrying. Final score 0-0

12. Ssmiff

moving picks is out of control

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I sure as hell didn’t expect this

14. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Boston has been the best team and best defense for like 5 months now and people were still “Warriors in 5” mainly because it’s the Warriors

15. Ssmiff

Crazy turn of events.

16. Ssmiff

Read this and recalled this discussion. I think you and a couple others would be surprised at how important body language is to good coaches. Bad coaches don’t see it or care.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Defensively yes. I didn’t know if the Celtics were good enough offensively. Still a long way to go, but if Horford and White are going to play that well, then they have an excellent chance of winning the series.

NashVol11 likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m not talking about coaches. I’m talking about people who’ve never spent one second with any of these guys thinking they see it through a tv screen

NashVol11 likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Are there advanced stats available showing for instance Curry’s 3 pt % going right off a right hand dribble vs left off left hand bounce? Seems most of his 3s are off left hand step back

20. Ssmiff

seems like an argument just to argue. Poor body language doesn’t have anything to do with seeing it in person vs on film or during a game on tv. Saying only coaches who spend time with a player can comment on it is silly.
    Or I guess when we all talked about Guarantanos body language on the sideline, we had no idea what we were talking about, because it was on tv.