The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Hoop Collective guys had LeBron’s double figure scoring streak at 1,205. Windy said there are only 7 guys in league history who have even scored in double figures 1,200 times in general (not in a row).

Just absurd. I really think it might be his most amazing record when all is said and done, but honestly who knows.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

upload_2024-3-4_23-45-41.png

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. InVolNerable

Those are just stats from games where they scored 10+ points. Lebron actually has 1476 games played. Kareem had 1560.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, okay.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Something that comes to mind is did players sit out back in the day like they do now? In terms of a scoring streak, if James doesn't play then the streak is preserved. If you play every night even when you aren't well, the streak is more at risk.

InVolNerable likes this.
  7. InVolNerable

Kareem played 95% of the possible games in his career (1,560/1640)
    upload_2024-3-5_13-50-13.png

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well there you go, James isn't playing 95% of games in a season lately. So apples and oranges.

9. InVolNerable

I lean towards agreeing with them not being 100% comparable, but still an absurd record regardless. I'd say it's up there with any other "untouchable" record (baring rule changes). Like any number of Gretzky's (like points in a season and/or career), or Ripken's consecutive games. Or Barry Sanders' actual NCAA season rushing yard record - his 222 yards and 5 TDs from his bowl game don't count towards his season.

IP likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Western Conference playoffs are about to be a blast this year. Everybody’s good. There’s a solid mix of experience and youth. Lots of interesting matchups. And then you have the Nuggets, who everyone just assumes will turn it on when the time comes. I’m not so sure it’ll be that easy this season.

Hopefully everyone gets/stays healthy.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

NashVol11 and Indy like this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

But didn't he have partial ownership of that team? He essentially gave himself a trophy.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

God, I hope so. That would make the story so much better.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I looked it up. Not only a minority owner, also vice president of basketball operations.

Lol

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, that is [uck fay]ing excellent.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't watch a lot of Mavs games. I knew Luka was having a good season, but I didn't realize he was averaging 35-9-10. That's bonkers.

20. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

He’s playing better defense too