The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That's the point I was trying to make earlier. You just knew Jordan was putting the knife in.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Because he's nowhere near the offensive player Jordan was.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Kareem is in every discussion of the best ever and LeBrin isn't passing him. I can't stand Kareem, but come on.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I can respect a Kareem argument over any of the others I listed. The thing about Kareem is that all of his championships included one of the other players on that list. Jordan and LeBron had good teammates but nothing like Kareem's.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Robertson wasn't winning without him. He also has the most points ever and tied for most MVPs. Has ton of playoff MVPs. Gets overlooked because he's now forgotten.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

You guys keep saying this, but put Jordan on last year's Cavs team (or especially the 2007 incarnation) and they're losing, no matter how "clutch" he is.

7. NashVol11

Most points doesn't matter to me. Isn't Karl Malone second? I agree though that Kareem belongs in the GOAT discussion.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The arguments otherwise are pure subjectivity. Guy won't titles galore, scoring titles, rebounded, best collegian ever, you name it. He was an aloof douche, but he was as dominant as anyone.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What? Prime Jordan absolutely has that team in contention.

10. NashVol11

I meant in the Finals

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The only reason they have Irving is because James left.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Have to disagree. He wasn't as good of a shooter and not as good of a closer but saying he's nowhere near Jordan offensively is discounting the other things he does.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He can't play with Jordan.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'll sum up my thought on the matter by saying that, to me, the greatest player ever should cover the idea that, if it's a minute left in Game 7 of the NBA Finals and the game is tied, the ball should, without question, be in your hands. For all of James' greatness, when that situation came up last night, the Cavs had the ball in Irving's hands. Good call by the Cavs and it says a lot about the consumate team player that James is, but that does inhibit his argument for greatest player ever. Even if it was in his hands, would you have 100% confidence that he makes that shot? So, if I had to pick anyone in NBA history whom I wanted the ball in their hands for that situation, it would take me about half a second to make that decision.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He runs over people

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'd ask why in the hell JR Smith is getting off the plane without a damn shirt on, but I don't think I have to.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not close.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Horseshit

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Of course. Apparently Bill Cartwright and Luc longley were good?

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

When he lost a Finals, much less multiple Finals, he lost his chance.

When he left his hometown team to join an all-star team for a ring, ostensibly because he felt incapable of doing so otherwise, he lost his chance.

I could go on and on, but don't want to take this in an anti-Lebron tangent - but I did want to respond.