The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

There were a few times tonight were the Warriors had the worst lineup in nba finals history on the floor.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Livingston and Iggy are solid role players.

3. GahLee

Van Fleet can play. He could be a starter in this league. Powell is truly a marginal player. But not Van Fleet.

4. Unimane

And still almost won. You're telling me having Durant and Thompson wouldn't have made a difference?

5. GahLee

Iggy is, but he cant be asked to play 35 a game. Livingston offers next to nothing at this point.

6. GahLee

When did I ever say that?

7. Unimane

He's alright. He averages about 11 a game and nearly went to getting a Finals MVP. He stunk last year in the playoffs. He played beyond his normal self.

8. GahLee

He can play.

9. GahLee

Golden State will be without KD and Klay next year. The NBA is wide open.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh please.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Uhhh, Boogie Cousins is below average? Iggy? What?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Toronto had success against golden state in the regular season too. I think folks have to come to grips that maybe the warriors and Toronto are not very far apart in this moment.

13. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Toronto beat Milwaukee in four straight games, hard to call that luck. Probably more accurate to say that Milwaukee overachieved in winning 66 games with a supporting cast of Middleton, Bledsoe and Lopez, one of whom is leaving.

Indy likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And which line up was that? This should be fun.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Except for, you know, the same number of 4th quarter points as Steph Curry in game six of the NBA finals.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

LeBron Hass to be licking his chops after all the rest he’s getting and seeing those two injuries. Adding Anthony Davis and a solid free agent could very well equal his next title.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree that they aren’t very far apart in this moment. A full strength Warriors team wins the series relatively easy in six, though. It’s not an excuse, nor am I trying to take anything away from Toronto. It just is what it is.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree that they would, and that you are not taking anything away from Toronto
    it isnt what it is.

it's fine. no one took the warriors seriously when they first won either. no one acknowledges a setting sun until it's dark.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’re entitled to your opinion, but it’s just wrong. The Warriors were a missed (open) Stephen Curry 3 away from pushing a game 7. It’s ridiculous to believe that adding Kevin Durant to those six games doesn’t change the outcome. Hell, even just giving them Klay back for the game and two 4th quarters he missed, and you probably guarantee the game 7, at least.

Toronto did what they had to do to win, regardless. It’s the same situation we saw with the Warriors in 2015. A title is a title. No one can take that away, but not all titles are created equal. You can’t just ignore key injuries to two of the top five players on a team’s roster, just like you couldn’t ignore them back in 2015

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can we take a second to acknowledge that virtually no one, either on this board or anywhere else that I’ve seen, is talking about how Steph, the greatest shooter of all time, missed the three point shot that could’ve sent this series to a game 7?

This right here is probably my biggest rub with Steph. People want to throw him in the “best of all time” conversation, but he doesn’t get the same heat that any of the other greats did or do when he fails. If LeBron misses that same shot, it’s the number one headline today. Hell, LeBron likely passes it to a wide open teammate, who misses the shot, and the headline is that LeBron is scared to shoot in big moments.