The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So many big moments in that Boston/Toronto series. Crazy.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sooooo uhhhh... Lakers really good or Rockets really bad?

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's hard to win in pro sports on a gimmick.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Clippers gonna wrap things up tomorrow?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wow. 2 games in a row, the Clippers had a 15 point lead in the second half, with a chance to secure a spot in the WCF both games, and they blew it twice in a row.

Meanwhile, the Nuggets have a chance to become the 13th team to come back from being down 3-1 in a series and winning it. They already became the 12th team last series against Utah.

Just a bizarre series.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Horrible offensive possessions the last 4 minutes for celtics. Ugly basketball. Even the best in the business change up what works and tighten up late.

IP likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Paul George shrinking in the big moment, and even Kawhi had a very pedestrian first half.

Meanwhile, Murray went nuts in the first half. Nuggets have to like the position they’re in.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ho-ly shit. That 3 by Murray, fading to the side, while Paul George is missing open look after open look. Jesus.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

whatever you do, don't go up 3-1 on the nuggets

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ve given it some time to sink in, and I’ve come to the conclusion that Kawhi Leonard’s name should never be spoken in the same sentence as LeBron ever again.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

that seems pretty reactionary. What if he wins the next 3 titles in a row?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There's just no way that happens.

People wanted to talk about how either him or LeBron could become the first player in NBA history to win a Finals MVP with 3 different teams. Lumping the two players together in that conversation was always ridiculous, but most people didn't really see why until now.

Kawhi avergaged 12 ppg the season he won his first finals MVP. He won the MVP largely for his defensive work on LeBron and wasn't even his team's leading scorer.

Kawhi's second title run and Finals MVP came in a year where LeBron missed the playoffs due to an injury, and the title favorites lost both their best and third best player to season ending injuries. Even the one great player/team he beat (Giannis and the Bucks), have been further exposed this season, making that accomplishment from last year far less impressive than it seemed at the time.

And now, the first season in which Kawhi is the unquestionable best player on a (if not the) title favorite team, he loses 3 straight close out games after leading in all 3, and posts his worst half of his career in the second half of a game 7 loss against a young, inexperienced, title-less Nuggets squad.

He just doesn't belong in the conversation. This is the first time in his career that he was the hunted rather than the hunter, the first time he had to deal with what LeBron has dealt with every single step of his career, and he folded like a lawn chair.

And what's more, it just makes that commercial he put out before the season about him being "King" of LA even more hilarious. I guess he can "reign over LA" even easier now that his team will be back home and the Lakers are still in the bubble.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why did they push Lakers/Nuggets to Friday? I didn't anticipate the Nuggets were going to get an extra day off, and now I'm pissed that there's only one game tonight.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

don't know, but maybe it is a ratings thing. stretching out the basketball so it is on more days but scarcer (more scarce?) time windows

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I guess it could be related to NFL as well. Friday night is relatively open, as far as sports are concerned, so move LeBron into that slot, maybe?

18. Ssmiff

Grant williams +11 in 10 minutes of play. They look better on both ends when hes on the court.
    And I just dont care for Tatums game. Ball hog. Not a good passer and doesnt make anybody else better

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can someone explain to me how Bam's block in game 1 isn't a goaltend? His hand looks like it hits the top of the rim, with his fingers hanging over the basket.

20. Ssmiff

It is a goaltend by rule but by baller rules its a man v man block.