The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bron bron crying about the mvp is fantastic.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't take it as crying. He's just pointing out that it seems to be a moving target as to what it even means.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

100% agreed. He loves crying about anything and everything.

Except for Hong Kong. He won’t cry about that.

Ssmiff likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Everything is a moving target with him, at this point, because people don’t want to admit he’s the GOAT or “give” him anything to move him closer to MJ.

The Clippers losing was the worst thing to happen to Bron this season. People will mention it every time this title comes up (assuming he wins it).

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep, and I think that is what he is kind of nudging at. People are having to go into all sorts of contortions to act like there is much daylight between he and MJ, and he's still playing. He's probably going to win more rings.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

People dont have to contortion. Almost every time he has something to say, he shows hes no Jordan.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

we all know jordan never cried. i wish he did, would've made a killer meme

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I wish I loved anything as much as you love LeBron.

CardinalVol and InVolNerable like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

What are you going to say if James wins two more rings with a third franchise? And has played way more games, minutes, seasons, AND has better per game type stats in several categories? Are you going to talk about how there was no good competition despite his career spanning much more time? That will be the ultimate old man argument. "Back in my day, everyone was almost as good as Michael Jordan, and he was even better than them. Nowadays, no one is as good as LeBron James except a couple of people, and he ain't that good. Rabble rabble."

10. Unimane

How should I know when the particulars haven't happened, yet? We'll see when we get there. Right now we've got ultimate young man arguments.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just be prepared for the reality that one can not argue that he had most of his success on "super teams" AND that he had no competition. Because he has played too long and on too many different teams for both to be viable at this point without contradicting the other.

12. Unimane

He most certainly got to the NBA Finals year after year due to playing in an exceptionally weak conference and on a super team. The Cleveland title was very, very impressive, though. Regardless, again, it's not like the argument is if he's great or not, just the greatest ever.

It appears he might get another one this year the way the stars are lining up. He plays like hot garbage in the 4th tonight and they still win at the buzzer. Rondo and Alex Caruso are playing lights out, of all people. Denver probably playing in a level above their ability and readiness in the conference finals. Clippers and Bucks lay eggs in the bubble, so it's clearing out for the Lakers to lose. Only the Celtics have the talent to possibly keep them from the title and I have my doubts they have the mentality to win, too.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’re more optimistic on the rings than I am. I lean towards him being the GOAT if he wins this year. I think most people will move over to his side immediately if he gets 5. If he gets 6, there’s no longer a debate, but I don’t see him getting 6.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You keep talking about words. I’ll keep watching his GOAT-like performance on the court, and looking at all the stat categories he leads.

I don’t love LeBron. I just think he’s really good at basketball, bordering on being the best ever.

15. Unimane

There will always be a debate, even at 6 rings. It also depends on how this happens, but the argument of The Greatest is inherently subjective.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was Cleveland a super team though? Kevin Love could barely stay on the floor against the Warriors, and what has Kyrie done since he left Cleveland? He was essentially pushed out of Boston, and they’ve been significantly better since he left. He may bring it back against the Nets, but that remains to be seen.

Yeah, and now he’s in the West, 2 games away from another finals. Crazy how playing against the Dame, Russ, Harden, Jokic, Murray hasn’t really changed anything. Sure, the Warrior might have beat him, but they beat everybody because they were the best team of all time.

And good to see the rationalizing of Bron’s fourth title is already beginning. He played poorly down the stretch but carried them early. He was like, 8-10 from the field and 3-3 from long range at half. They’re not in the game without him taking over.

Lakers look primed to sweep the team the Clippers lost to, but yeah, not having to play the Clippers is super lucky for the Lakers. And the Bucks can’t even make it to the conference finals of the weak as [uck fay] East, but sure, LeBron is lucky they got bounced. Give me a break.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol. There’s no concrete argument for MJ if Bron gets to 6. You’ll be falling back to the bull shit “MJ was a bigger competitor and never whined about getting fouled” arguments.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This Lakers team gives big time minutes to Alex [uck fay]ing Caruso. He played 29 minutes tonight. Rondo, despite upping his game in the playoffs, has been [uck fay]ing abysmal for the Lakers the last 2 years. There’s a reason he played for 4 different teams in 4 years before joining the Lakers. Same can be said for Dwight Howard.

This team gives substantial minutes to a bunch of misfits that most teams don’t/didn’t want, and it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion in most people’s minds that they’re going to win the NBA title with relative ease. That’s a testament to LeBron (and AD, to a lesser degree).

19. Unimane

Yes, tell me again how you don't love LeBron. I can almost see you breathing hard as you churn these out.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

"His foreign policy positions were weak."