The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is the first time I've ever brought up Rondo (other than a joke about him in Game 1) that I can remember and it was in response to your question about why Rondo was still in the game. So, no, on this account.

Of course, you being you, saw it, naturally, as an attack on your knight in shining armor, LeBron, and felt the need to come to his defense, for some reason. This, of course, despite the fact it had nothing to do with James and it being a specific answer to a specific question.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

... your argument that caruso deserves 29 minutes."..thats not been my argument one time. I've not said anything about minutes. This all started as you were protecting Lebron's status as your goat by stating "they have to play Caruso for goodness sake..". I simply was informing you about Caruso's game and what the coaches and players see, and backed it up with opinion articles and advanced stats. They aren't "forced" to play him late. The coaches and Lebron have him on the floor late in games and had a good record finishing when they did.

InVolNerable and IP like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No, my statement was never “they have to play Caruso for goodness sake.” The comment was about him getting significant minutes, and more specifically the 29 in game 2. You’re morphing what I said to fit your argument that he’s good enough to play. I’ve never said he’s not good enough to see the court.

Caruso is good enough for the 18 minutes per game he got all regular season. Again, minutes for players like him typically shrink in the playoffs, so 15 makes more sense. This idea that Caruso is getting these 24-29 minutes for any other reason than because Avery Bradley isn’t with the team is absurd. So if your stance is that he deserves 15-18 minutes a night, we have no argument. If your claim is that the Lakers want to be playing him 24-29 minutes a night, then we still aren’t aligned.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  4. Ssmiff

Herro with 35 and not a bead of sweat.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yes but do not talk about it

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

he still has nightmares about admiral schofield, no big deal

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dwight Howard with the start, and he’s almost got a double double in the first quarter.

Classy move, Frank.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

With 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, AD has 0 rebounds. That’s after only getting 2 last game.

Is he ill?

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People are not happy with Chuck.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Great stretch for Rondo.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Should have kept my mouth shut.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Caruso with 3 shooting fouls in 2.5 minutes. Jesus.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why on earth has Dwight Howard not gotten any more minutes in this game?

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jesus what an awful foul.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This. Is. Beautiful.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I guess I am out of the loop.

17. Ssmiff

Its cool to talk code and call somebody out without actually naming them. Wake up.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Some slow mister is [uck fay]ing fatheaded

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He’s not going to be exchanging Christmas cards with J*s*n Wh*tl*ck.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Whitlock testified before the House Judiciary Committee on big tech and censorship this week. He sure is going pretty far out of his way to make statements that he doesn't even believe.