The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It's just pomp and circumstance. No real meaning before games, and it's turned into a caricature.

I spoke with our ROTC guy a few years ago to get his take on the kneeling, anthem, etc...

He told me then that the anthem should not be played before sporting events. Ever.

lylsmorr and CardinalVol like this.
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

DoD paid millions to the NFL for "paid patriotism".

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, the NBA says no, everyone has to play the anthem before their game.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Shit like this is why Lebron will never be the goat..

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’ll never understand this take. You’ll say things like “Jordan did whatever it took to win” then fault LeBron for doing things can that literally help his team to win. It doesn’t make sense.

6. Ssmiff

Wouldn't expect you to agree. I'm old school and this isn't soccer

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Lol

A-Smith likes this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe Jordan thought that acting like a little [itch bay] wasn't in winning's best interest.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm sure you all loathe Grant Williams as well. The truth is that your position is already set, so you're going to make up whatever criteria you want, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

10. Ssmiff

1, grant Williams is a sub off the bench and in no debates for the goat. 2, I dont recall Grant flopping when not touched. Lebron is the King of it, and its ridiculous when he does it

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

LeBron damn near tucks the ball under his arm and bulldozes his way through the lane like a FB up the middle trying to pick up an extra yard, about forty eleven times a game.

But we are supposed to believe that at six nine two fifty he can legitimately go down like a lot lizard at the truck spot if even the slightest breeze catches him wrong? Okay.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh, so you're only against flopping when debating the GOAT. Got it. Makes sense (this is sarcasm).

Grant flopped a TON when he was the best player on our nationally ranked basketball team in college.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My argument is not "he doesn't flop," just so we are clear. I just don't think him flopping has anything to do, whatsoever, with whether he is the GOAT or not.

It's honestly laughable to me that it even comes up. Imagine having an in depth discussion with a group of people in person, comparing Bron and MJ's stats, best individual performances, titles, awards, etc., and then the guy says "Yeah, but LeBron flopped a lot!" The guy would get laughed out of the room for thinking that's a legitimate criterion.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Flopping sucks. That’s not even a flop, though. That’s an embarrassment.

15. Ssmiff

Grant did not flop when no contact was made. There is a difference between embellishing a foul to get a call and straight up cheating the game. If you cant see how big of a [itch bay] it makes Lebron look for this stuff, it's you who has the problem seeing things clearly

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Take off the orange tinted glasses. Grant flopped regularly with little contact. It was like, the number 1 complaint opposing fans levied against that team.

Also, the difference between “embellishing a foul” and “flopping when no contact is made” seems pretty arbitrary. Both are essentially the same thing. They’re both creating fake motion to make a ref think a foul was committed. You’re pretending they’re different because you’re running out of legitimate reasons to call MJ the GOAT over LeBron.

17. Ssmiff

Grant didn't flop when no contact was made. Period.
    And my glasses are blue blockers.
    Lastly, I know Jordan is the goat, so I dont need another reason. You gotta be one of the few rationalizing lebrons bullshit antics. He is a great player and doesn't need the bullahit he pulls. Hell there is link after link talking about Lebrons top flops going back 8 years. Yet you can't see it.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

I never saw Grant do anything like what’s in that video

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Selling a charge is different to me. Looks like his elbow hit him. That's more just basketball.