The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

can’t feel too great about the game being that close when Brooklyn shot it so poorly. We might not see that again for the rest of the playoffs.

Still, a win is a win. 1 more and we’ve got a series.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I didn't feel great about this series from the jump. Tonight was one of the ugliest games I've ever seen, reminiscent of the 90s NBA, but without the physicality of that era just shitty play. I suppose I can hope they won't shoot from the perimeter as bad as the have the first three games, but the Nets surely won't have another dud like this evening. If the Bucks win Game 4, I might be slightly more positive, but I see no reason to believe they could win in Brooklyn anyway. I still stand by my earlier statement of being very surprised if this sees a Game 6.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

8 more playoff appearances, to be precise, and 507 more assists. You could make the same argument the opposite direction for Magic and Stockton in the regular season. LeBron has more as well. Obviously he has played a lot more playoff games, but he's also not a PG. The bottom line is that while he's far and away the regular season assist leader, the playoff numbers don't tell the same story.

And the steals are worse, which is why I'm not surprised you just ignored that part entirely. Top 5 all time, which is outstanding, but his average falls right in line with every other player in the top 20. Definitely doesn't stand apart, like he does in the regular season.

Bottom line - I don't think regular season career totals are all that important in the argument of where a player ranks all time, especially if those dominant places on stats lists don't carry over to playoffs. It's why no one who argues for LeBron as the GOAT really spends a ton of time talking about him being first all time in playoff points. It matters, but just not as much as other stuff.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Vegas shares your concern, as the Nets are favored in game 4. Although I'm not sure if some of that is based on Harden's unknown status. As far as I have seen, he hasn't been ruled out for game 4.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Clippers down 2-0 again. I'm not sure they will have as easy of a time getting out of this hole against the Jazz as they did against the Mavs.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Happened across this and it made me laugh, considering all the recent Stockton/Malone talk.

7. Unimane

That sucks for Kyrie. I want to win the series, but not at the expense of anyone's health.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Another [uck fay]ing injury. Such a disappointing post season.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The people saying Chris Paul deserved the MVP over Jokic might have been onto something. I would love to see the Suns win it all.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

upload_2021-6-14_9-22-48.png

Also, only 5 total turnovers for the series. Those numbers are bonkers.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just saw the foul that led to the Jokic ejection for the first time. Pretty weak, to be honest. I get that there was a wind up and he was clearly frustrated, but he also hit the ball and was clearly going for that, rather than the dude's face.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hard to believe Ben Simmons still can't shoot for shit after all these years.

13. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

A duck is a duck. Not sure what you would expect after all these years.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Guys improve their shooting all the time. He hasn’t put the work in.

Still a great player, but he could be a super star if he developed a jump shot.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Kawhi getting 43 votes while LeBron gets 0 is all the evidence you need for all defensive teams being a complete sham. Lakers defense was elite all year and didn’t drop off while AD was out. LeBron was deserving of the first team prior to his injury, and to get 0 votes while Caruso and KCP get votes makes it an even bigger joke.

16. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Like I said.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, Ben Simmons should have been DPOY.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This game may end up being the best playoff performance of KD’s career. He’s unstoppable right now.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Meanwhile, Harden couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat.

20. Unimane

Milwaukee pissed away this series tonight. They had a 17 point lead, did a bunch of dumb shit to keep the Nets in range, Green, then Durant get red hot and that is that.