The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Holiday saved the season

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Jrue, I'm so, so sorry I said those terrible things about you after Game 4.

But, I did say you had to play well to win today, no questions.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I had my Bucks are choke artists tweet teed up and everything.

4. Unimane

They have to win Game 6. They aren't winning two in Phoenix. The Bucks had to steal one and now they have. Game 7 will be immeasurably tougher to win. So, one game to stop the Wisconsin sports curse of the last decade.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I know I sound like a broken record, but I think I speak for the rest of the board when I say I hope it’s the Bucks in 7 in triple OT on a Giannis gamewinning 3 point play

VolDad likes this.
  6. Unimane

You can go to hell, sir. This will probably cause my wife to leave me, if this happened. She would be packed by the end of the 2nd OT.

7. Unimane

I've been 100% spot on with my assessment of the Bucks the last two playoffs, seeing the fraying of the team coming in the playoffs, especially last year. This year, though, their mental toughness and sheer determination have been surprising to me, so I've clearly underestimated them this go around. They found a new gear, a new sense of maturity in their game this playoffs. Winning the last two games against the Nets was a major step from the utter collapse against the Raptors two years ago.

As a fan, I wanted three things from this NBA Finals, a Bucks win, of course, but also an entertaining series and some iconic plays to make the series memorable. The first remains to be seen, but it has been a really good series and now there are two iconic moments (especially if the Bucks pull it out on Tuesday) with the Block and the Steal. Not all Finals really stick out in memory.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s all good, I’ve already drafted a GoFundMe for your alimony and any cardiological costs you may incur.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

getting hard to tell indy and unimane apart in this thread

InVolNerable likes this.
  10. Unimane

You take that back right now.

11. Unimane

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s when you know you need to put the laptop away.

A-Smith likes this.
  13. Unimane

Milwaukee is electric, 65,000 are in the Deer District and I feel optimistic about our winning the game tonight. I hate to say it, but this is scaring the shit out of me as another potential Wisconsin sports soul crusher. I need to start getting negative to get the right reverse mojo going.

In any event, the winner of tonight's game will be champions. Either the Bucks close it or they will surely lose in Phoenix in Game 7. They got their steal in Game 5 and this is the night to make it happen. Now or never.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Reminds me of game 6 in StL when the Blues won the cup. They laid a big egg but pulled out game 7 in Boston

15. Unimane

That might kill me.

I don't like how this is a huge Bucks lovefest so far. All picking Milwaukee. I've been burned like this before.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I contemplated going but rafter tickets were like $3K. I even thought about just driving to StL just to be there. Thank God I didn’t

17. Unimane

A lot of nerves on the floor which I expect to calm down as the game goes along, for both teams. Good quarter for the Bucks, but Holiday has to play much better. Phoenix will not shoot this poorly for the rest of the game.

18. Unimane

What in the [uck fay] are we doing? Jrue can't play this bad if we are going to win and we have got to stop just jacking up three after three.

19. Unimane

[uck fay]ing hell, stop throwing the [uck fay]ing ball away.

20. Unimane

This offense is a disaster. You can see they are super tight, throwing the ball everywhere.

What the [uck fay] is going on?!?!