The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Bryn Portis was 2/3 from deep. The rest of the Bucks were 2/30. Goodness.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

For a guy who allegedly doesn’t know much basketball, “my guy” Nick Wright appears to have hit this one on the head. The Mavs are looking very solid and are about to take on a GSW team that struggled a bit to put away Memphis even after Ja got hurt.

I don’t see the Mavs beating either Miami or Boston if they make it to the finals, but the Warriors feel vulnerable. And don’t get me started on what it would look like if Luka beats the same GSW squad that gentlemen’s swept Jokic out in the first round.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That's....that's.....so beautiful.

4. InVolNerable

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why is everyone so sure that Jayson Tatum is better than Jimmy Butler? I get that the regular season numbers are what they are, but Butler clearly turns it up in the playoffs.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What does Nick Wright say about it

NashVol11 and justingroves like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He ranks Tatum ahead of Butler.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It was a rhetorical question

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I know. It’s played out at this point.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Good showing by the Mavs here

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Game 1 on the road after a long series. They’ll be alright.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Boston a casual 9 of 11 from 3 in the first quarter. Sheesh. Grant off to a hot start.

14. InVolNerable

Pj Tucker scored the first two buckets of the game in 51 seconds. Then didn't score again the rest of the game, lol.

15. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tickets to Boston/Miami game 3 are all the way down near $200. That’s surprising, as they were close to $400 when I first looked.

Anyone know what Finals tickets might look like shortly before tipoff? Might save my money and hope Boston makes it.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Injuries ruin NBA basketball.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Stephs little deal where he shoots then turns his head is annoying and silly. Shooters know when the ball is going in upon release, since they’ve become shooters. People seem amazed by it.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn’t expect the Warriors to be up 3-0 on the Mavs. Dallas played them well during the season, and played Steph particularly well.

The Warriors have been weird this postseason, and the commentary following them has been equally weird and reactionary. They were back in dynasty mode in the first round, struggled against the Grizz without Ja, and now look like they’re back in dynasty mode.

Just weird all around.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"