The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yes, I think most of the time people who think they read body language through a tv screen of someone they spend zero time around are full of shit.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Tatum goes 3/17 in Celtics’ win.

3. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

13 assists to 2 turnovers and a +16 as well

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

5th leading scorer on the team.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Horford had the best game of his career though. That won’t keep happening either.I think this will be a long series.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And led the entire game in assists. By 8 more than the next closest player.

NashVol11 likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

His body language sucked though

Indy and NashVol11 like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No it didn’t. Stephs did though after q1. Also, Barkley and others talked about Lukas in the same game I referred to, but he was in the booth at the game instead of watching on TV so he must be right

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The assists are a nice addition to his game, and they were the only thing that saved his performance last night from being abysmal. Career high for him in assists, if I'm not mistaken, yeah? I'm here for that.

But 18% from the field is what it is.

10. Ssmiff

Misleading in assists imo when Horford, White, Brown and Smart are hitting 3s at a 50% clip. It’s not like Tatum was breaking down the defense and dishing for layups

11. NashVol11

I had Boston in 6, but once the Warriors stopped making every 3 Boston was just flat out better, and it wasn’t all that close. I’ll stick with 6 because that was one game but a shorter series wouldn’t shock me

12. NashVol11

13. JohnnyQuickkick

yeah you’re right those don’t count

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not sure how to quantify how meaningful this stat is. Obviously, if LeBron is the only other player to do it in the last 20ish years, then its gotta be good. But how good?

It's looking at totals, not averages. He's scored the most points and recorded the most assists total, but he's 9th in PPG and 8th in APG. So, really, he's just played more games than everyone else. He's played 19 games so far and will play a minimum of 22. Here are Bron's games played and where he ranked in PPG and APG, respectively, for those seasons:

2007: 20, 8, 5
    2013: 23, 4, 6
    2015: 20, 2, 3
    2017: 18, 2, 5
    2018: 22, 1, 3

So I don't know. Also worth noting that the playoffs aren't over. Barring injury, I doubt anyone catches him in total points (Curry is 49 behind him), but Steph and Draymond are both only 15 or less assists behind him.

Don't care enough to look into it, but I'd also be curious to see where Bron's teammates ranked in those years. Smart is 6th on the total assist list, and Brown is 5th for points.

15. Ssmiff

Didn’t say that. Keep up

16. NashVol11

Tatum is scoring, but he needs to be more aggressive when people like Bjelica are on him instead of going at Draymond/GPII without much of a plan

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not watching tonight. Assumed Warriors would likely win, but I thought they'd win game 1 as well.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wow, that got ugly fast. Holy shit. It was like, a 10 point game last I checked. Came back and it was 30.

19. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

C’s have no business winning this series imo. If they do, it says more to me about curry/green than it does anything else.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Analytics don't agree with you. They won the game they needed to win in Golden State. Now they just have to take care of business at home.