The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Remember in game 1 of Heat/Celtics when Jimmy Butler both attempted AND made more 3 pointers than Jayson Tatum?

I member.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I remember seeing the most midrange any nba team averaged shooting in a game this year was 8 shots, so at 50% you are talking about 8 total points in a game. 1 bucket per quarter.
    2 Suns players near the top of the league, and their coach recently fired, justifiably in your opinion, for not getting it done. How is that possible if they lead the league in midrange, which is how you say to close teams out in crunchtime.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’re not reading my posts man. I’m not saying teams should shoot a ton of midrange. I’m saying that in late, close game situations, guys with a midrange shot in their game are more effective offensively.

4. Ssmiff

I am reading. And i just stated Suns coach was fired for “not getting it done”, with 2 players who shoot more midrange than many teams.
    Of course a player who can shoot the 3, midrange, finish at the rim and draw fouls will have more weapons to be effective. It’s one more thing to defend.
    NBA analytics say shoot fewer. NBA teams shoot fewer. Kerr didn’t win titles due to their use of the midrange. Steph ain’t pulling up midrange. I guess that’s on Kerr for not developing it after several years together.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

His 2s have steadily been dropping while his 3s are climbing. It is his mid-range that has taken the bulk of the hit, because even though his percentage of shots taken from 2 has dropped, his total percent taken from 10 ft and in has increased. But he's still above league average in the 10-3P range in attempts, I believe.

upload_2023-5-18_20-0-47.png

6. Ssmiff

Analytics has led to decreased midrange shots from 30% to 9% the last few years. It’s the whole league. Not Mazulla ruining Tatum in one season.

InVolNerable likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2 of Kerr’s 4 titles were with Kevin Durant, who is literally know for his midrange game and is currently a member of the same Suns team you’re referencing. The first Warriors title probably doesn’t happen if Kyrie and Love don’t get hurt. Midrange game becomes a less of a necessity when you have the 2 best 3-pt shooters of all time and a motion offense that gets them frequent looks. But Monty didn’t get it done in previous years either. And again, it’s not about *just* shooting the midrange. You’re creating a straw man.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lakers had a chance to sign a big who could bother Jokic, and they wasted that spot on Tristan Thompson. They might end up regretting it.

9. Ssmiff

2 of Kerrs 4 titles, he had a top 50 player of all time and the best shooter of all time. That right there is great coaching by letting them shoot.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That’s a block

11. Ssmiff

Goodness what a flop

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hahahaha that Jokic flop. What a [itch bay].

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Exact same [uck fay]ing thing was a block on the other end. Inconsistent as [uck fay].

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lakers are gonna regret these minutes. Can’t lose the minutes where Jokic is on the bench and Bron and AD are on the floor. Just can’t. If they lose, this stretch right here is why.

15. Ssmiff

Nuggets go on a huge run with a bunch of midrange shots…not.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You are so clueless, my guy. Read the posts and stop talking nonsense.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nuggets are gonna win 2 games on the back of just absolute garbage 3’s.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Officiating has been legitimately awful.

19. Ssmiff

lol. You the guy who blames Mazula in his first season coaching, for Tatum shooting fewer midrange, when the entire league has been trending and shooting it 70% less than in years past.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn’t think tonight was must win going into the game, but after seeing how frequently LeBron guarded Jokic, I’m nervous. That’s a ton of energy to expend in a loss.